Archived advice when behind on TWT

Status
Not open for further replies.
I schedule my team, so my hours always reflect my adjacency hours... if you are suspicious they aren't, you can check on mytime.

"A goal without a plan is just a wish" - you need to plan, in detail, every major transition. Take your map and walk it physically on the floor and see if it's easier to demerch, or move shelves. Never demerch an entire planogram unless you have no choice.

Your signing tm: remember he gets time for all your planogrammed signing, if the monthly signing update and adjacent hours aren't high, use him. Remember that the time they get includes backer paper. My signing Tm gets the hours per the signing monthly update, to take care of pallets and then I take him to work on pog. We take care of the signing per pog so he has nothing to worry about.

Never spend more than a day on overdue projects until you are done for the week.

Pm me if you have questions.

How long does it take to set an aisle in toys?

IMO our POG team is always so slow and inefficient and always gets behind. Consequently, their push is always given to the flow team, who I have to push harder to get the LOG workload done and then push all of the POGs that haven't been pushed for the previous days. The POG TL never pushes their team to do more and it shows because they can never get ahead and just seem to eek out each week by just completing the sets without pushing.

So, back to the original question. I almost lost my mind when I was told to add the toy push from the POG sets to the flow workload because the POG team didn't have time for it. I was monitoring their progress because I knew that would be the case. Not one POG TM was able to set an entire aisle (no, not a valley, just one aisle) during their 8 hour shift. I flipped out and asked why these POG TMs couldn't set an entire valley in toys during an 8 hour shift. From time to time I've been asked to help set, so I have a general idea what to expect can get done. So, was I out of line by thinking an entire valley could be done? An entire valley without pushing anything after the set. BTW, we rarely have morning huddles or other random tasks that pulls the POG team away from their work during the day, besides backup cashiering.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back