Archived Ae2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
Consolidation of rumors about planned TL/ETL cuts!

I'm wondering if we can get this thread going with any and all rumors people have heard at their stores. Usually things like this trickle down, and each store "hears" some small part of the bigger picture. Since we are all from different stores, maybe we can get some kind of "bigger picture" if we pool everything we have heard together. Even something you may have heard that may sound small may be huge when combined with more details.

As far as myself, a few days ago I was sitting in the training room waiting to clock in from lunch (which is in earshot of clerical) and our ETL-GE and ETL-HL were sitting at the clerical counter talking. I don't think they realized anyone could hear them.

I didn't get anywhere near the whole conversation, but I distinctly heard our ETL-GE say something like "Wow, I don't know what I am going to do if I'm one of the ones they go after". Then she said "You are so lucky you majored in chemistry. All the rest of us majored in liberal arts, we are not going to stand a chance if it's us". And our ETL-HL said something back to her like "No it won't be easy for me either, my friends told me they are doing the same thing at the chemical companies".

Now, they could have *easily* been talking about our STL/DTL trying to find a reason to term ETL's just at our store, (and that is what I thought at the time) but now with the other thread.... I am wondering if they were talking about something bigger.

I also overheard my ETL talking. She was saying she has a friend who works at corporate, who told her about major cuts that would be made in stores within the next few months. She mentioned that she's considering going back to school.

There's enough of a "trickle tree" that quite a few members have gotten the PM & the gist but no one wants to be THE one to post until there's a little more info.
Looking at my store, there's at least 3 TLs & a SrTL whose positions would be endangered, at least one ETL.
Anything more would be devastating.

Guess we will all know pretty soon as to how its going to affect us. Im pretty sure positions will be cut , but we don't know to what degree. The only details I know of are that our headcount is getting reduced for
sure. Other than that it is all just speculation.

In looking at the pm, it appears that my STL is already gearing up for this. In the last week one TL was fired (one of the most expensive); one TL is getting coached out; SRTL is protected since other SRTL out and not expected to return at this point. With a little shuffling all the STL's pets will be protected. :hmm:

Thanks Hardlinesmaster for the pm!

This is the boiled down essence of the changes that are supposed to be made.
This hasn't been confirmed.
Also for most folks who have watching this board none of this is really a big surprise.

-Pricing TL is being eliminated in almost all the GM/PF stores.
-HRTL will be eliminated in almost all GM/PF stores, even in a lot of higher volume SuperT.
-ETL-AP eliminated in ULV stores. If they have a TPS team they will report to the ETL-HR.
-Reduction of TL and ETL headcount in every org chart.
-Many GM stores will combine Softlines/Hardlines ETL.

I'm wondering if my store will dodge the worst of it on this one... we've had one TL over pricing and plano for the past two years, and I don't think we've ever had an HRTL, ETL AP or HL for as long as I've been with my store. I would truly hate to see any of our TLs or ETLs get axed though...

I don't see how they can even cut any TLs/ETLs at my store; we have just three ETLs plus the STL, and we don't have any two of any TL except our GSTLs.

Anyone heard rumors?

I assume more cutting of leadership, expecting more of the team... that's the same for the last five years I've been with Target. But, I'm curious about specifics.

This info has not been confirmed.
-Pricing TL is being eliminated in almost all the GM/PF stores.
-HRTL will be eliminated in almost all GM/PF stores, even in a lot of higher volume SuperT.
-ETL-AP eliminated in ULV stores. If they have a TPS team they will report to the ETL-HR.
-Reduction of TL and ETL headcount in every org chart.
-Many GM stores will combine Softlines/Hardlines ETL.

The "Reduction of TL and ETL headcount in every org chart" makes me wonder what it could possibly mean? If it means that is true beyond the other changes, I wonder if it is also reducing the amount of repeat TL positions (as in 3 HL to 2, or 2 GSTL to 1)? Time will tell :)

Well we don't have an HRTL so no worries there, but cutting the pricing TL? Who will those duties fall to now? The pricing team stays late half the time to get the work done. I can't imagine them being combined with something else (high volume PF store).

Well we don't have an HRTL so no worries there, but cutting the pricing TL? Who will those duties fall to now? The pricing team stays late half the time to get the work done. I can't imagine them being combined with something else (high volume PF store).

The pricing team does not need a full time TL. They know their job and need little direction. They just need someone to go to with "that" question and can write their reviews and/or coach if needed.

Your presentation TL can be that person to go to. At least in our store thats who it is. Like Rarejem they need very little direction.

I've been the only GSTL for the past 6 months in my store (high vol) and it's getting old! they pulled the posting because of the reductions so they can just move TL's around vs hiring another one. I have 72 reviews to write by myself..

I've been the only GSTL for the past 6 months in my store (high vol) and it's getting old! they pulled the posting because of the reductions so they can just move TL's around vs hiring another one. I have 72 reviews to write by myself..

I don't mean to be 'that guy' but I've written performance reviews and every single one of them was a slog.
It took a couple of weeks to do thirty of them.
Now I admit to taking the project very seriously and probably took more time on it than some people would but it was important that I give the people that worked for me a fair evaluation.
I also wanted to make sure they got (or didn't get) the raises they deserved.

How the frell are you going to do that many by yourself?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back