Archived Ae2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
i haven't really figured that out yet. On Monday my ETL and I sat down and went over redcard scores and gave a rough score to each team member. Today we went through about 20 people with wins and opps for all of them to kind of get me started. I'm lucky that I have an ETL that helps me whenever I need it and will even work a GSTL shift or watch lights if we need her to.

I also need to find time to do 20 90 day reviews, my q4 recap, q1 goals, and my self review. Trying not to get overwhelmed!

redandkhaki, how many GSAs do you have? I would hope you get double coverage here and there during review season.

Your presentation TL can be that person to go to. At least in our store thats who it is. Like Rarejem they need very little direction.

But what if the presentation TL works overnight like in high-volume stores?

We currently have 3 GSAs. It's rough but we get by.. I did have 4 during 4th quarter and a TL from a ULV store helped out during 4q as well.
I scheduled myself about 7 hours on the new schedule as off stage time. I would have liked more but that was all I could get with not having another GSA.

I'm ready for them to just tell us where we're cutting a TL and who they're moving up front!

redandkhaki, how many GSAs do you have? I would hope you get double coverage here and there during review season.

Your presentation TL can be that person to go to. At least in our store thats who it is. Like Rarejem they need very little direction.

But what if the presentation TL works overnight like in high-volume stores?

The LOD can be responsible for following up with pricings workload and answering any questions.

This info has not been confirmed.
-Pricing TL is being eliminated in almost all the GM/PF stores.
-HRTL will be eliminated in almost all GM/PF stores, even in a lot of higher volume SuperT.
-ETL-AP eliminated in ULV stores. If they have a TPS team they will report to the ETL-HR.
-Reduction of TL and ETL headcount in every org chart.
-Many GM stores will combine Softlines/Hardlines ETL.

If this is true about the pricing team lead position being eliminated , what happens to that team leader?

Hi Pri,

Welcome to The Break Room.

Well if it works out like it did at my old store when they got rid of the APTL position to make room for a AP ETL and didn't give the APTL the job they transfered him to plano where he was very bad at his job.
The skills that make you very good at AP don't necessarily make you good in another position.
If there isn't another TL position open in that store, they will check at other stores in the area.

So this team lead would have to relocate? Or could they just demote that team lead to team member ? And if so is it possible for that team lead to keep their pay rate?

When our store lost the pricing tl position, they moved her over to plano and she was promptly performanced out. But prior to the loss of the position, they had tried to move her to other positions. She always refused and was very vocal about her lack of desire to learn anything new...so she sort of dug her own grave on that one.

I wonder how long it'll be before we hear any details. I won't see my STL until at least Monday if not later, since he's covering 2 stores right now.

When our store lost the pricing tl position, they moved her over to plano and she was promptly performanced out. But prior to the loss of the position, they had tried to move her to other positions. She always refused and was very vocal about her lack of desire to learn anything new...so she sort of dug her own grave on that one.

I wonder how long it'll be before we hear any details. I won't see my STL until at least Monday if not later, since he's covering 2 stores right now.

that doesn't really answer my question.... but that stinks for her...

Well I don't think there is a definitive answer. Whenever there's a position lost, it really depends on the individual needs of the store and the strengths and weaknesses of the team members involved. I've been through a lot of positions losses and gains. Some get kept on and shuffled around, some get relocated, some get performanced out. It's really up to your stores leadership how they choose to handle the change, ultimately.

Well I don't think there is a definitive answer. Whenever there's a position lost, it really depends on the individual needs of the store and the strengths and weaknesses of the team members involved. I've been through a lot of positions losses and gains. Some get kept on and shuffled around, some get relocated, some get performanced out. It's really up to your stores leadership how they choose to handle the change, ultimately.

this is true.. when would we find out ?

Soon enough depending on your STL. They will have their STL meetings and will receive the info and its up to their discretion when to pass it on to the team.

I was a product of AE13 when we got a reduction in TLs, my position got combined (I was Instocks and then went to BR/IS TL - however, I know in some lower volume stores this was already the case). Usually what happens (and don't go on my word as fact as every store is different - this is how my store handled the large reduction we got) is they keep you in your position. If a TL leaves, you would either move into that position if they feel you would be a good fit, or they will shuffle some TLs around, and you would be a product of said shuffle). Again, this is how MY store dealt with it. Good luck!

It's been company policy that if a store's headcount gets lowered, the new headcount is reached through attrition. As TLs quit, promote, or transfer their vacant spot isn't filled. Stores may get over zealous and work harder to performance TLs out, but that's not SOP.

This is the exact reason why they aren't hiring a GSTL to fill that spot. They assume we are losing one somewhere and will shuffle TL's around.

Pricing TL is leaving for another store and will be a TM. Our presentation TL will take over for him and fill both roles, much like BR/Instocks TL.

This is the boiled down essence of the changes that are supposed to be made.
This hasn't been confirmed.
Also for most folks who have watching this board none of this is really a big surprise.

-Pricing TL is being eliminated in almost all the GM/PF stores.
-HRTL will be eliminated in almost all GM/PF stores, even in a lot of higher volume SuperT.
-ETL-AP eliminated in ULV stores. If they have a TPS team they will report to the ETL-HR.
-Reduction of TL and ETL headcount in every org chart.
-Many GM stores will combine Softlines/Hardlines ETL.

My store is a PF LV and outside of the HRTL(which was a recent addition), every single change here is what we've already been working with. Seems more and more stores will be staffed how we are going forward.

Anything yet? Meetings are happening today at my store, but I'm done so I won't hear anything until tomorrow.

When Target cuts your job, as an ETL, what happens to you. Are you transferred or laid off?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back