Archived Ae2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm org chart 4. We are actually right at headcount for TLs. We had to do some shuffling though. My Price Accuracy took over Presentation, and we finally combined Backroom and Instocks into Logistics (but we should have done that years ago...our backroom TL at the time could barely handle backroom, so instocks got aligned under price accuracy). With some TLs moving around on the floor, we found a spot for our displaced pog TL.

so now we have:

2 GSTLs
1 Starbucks TL
1 Food Avenue TL
5 Sales Floor TLs (1 is currently SrTL)
1 Logistics TL (currently SrTL)
1 Flow TL
1 Pricing/Presentation TL
1 RxTL

1 STL
1 ETL-HR
1 ETL-LOG
1 ETL-Sales Floor
1 ETL-GE
1 ETL-AP
1 ETL-Rx

I'm fairly apprehensive about the 5 Sales Floor TLs. We went from 1 SL, 3 HL, and 1 CTL to now all of us sales floor. My leadership team is still not sure how the dynamics of this change are going to play out. We may or may not still have areas that we are responsible for. It would be really hard for me to let go of my market team. I have poured my heart and soul into that department and those guys, and we are getting to the point where we are running a solid process. I was told that I will still probably have the leadership over market, but that all five of us will most likely be working in different parts of the sales floor more often than we do now. With POG team taking over salesplanners, there's no way to justify having that many TLs...except to have a closer every night of the week I guess. I wouldn't be surprised if at least one of my fellow Sales Floor TLs gets performanced out the door and not replaced.

According to the chart posted earlier we are org 4. We are also transitioning from a overnight process to 4am, not sure how that would affect things during the transition which has proven problematic for other stores in the area/district.

ETL HR
ETL Sales floor (Previously 2, HL/SL)
ETL GE
ETL log (Previously 2)
We currently have a ETL AP, not sure if it's getting cut or not.

1 TL Flow (2 before)
1 TL backroom/instocks (Previously 2, O/N backroom TL and backroom/instocks TL)
1 TL Pricing and presentation (Previously 2, O/N presentation TL and pricing TL)
5 TL sales floor (Not sure how many we had before)
2 GSTL

My meeting said nothing about plano taking over salesplans or adjacencies. Can this be confirmed?

Is there a timeline for all of this (including the changes from 4am to 6am flow) to be in place?

I'm all for having pog takeover salesplanners. That leaves the salesfloor with much more time to focus on brand, ptm and guest service. I'm pretty stoked thinking of all the time that sales floor will have to reduce A-markdowns through actually being able to PTM, zone, flex, and push. So much time before was spent building salesplanners. I just don't see why the floor needs 5 TLs to accomplish this. I'd think 2-3 tops with more tms.

We haven't seen core roles yet, but just going off of the org charts the workload seems really off balance. You've got one TL over flow, one TL over backroom/instocks, and one TL over pricing/presentation. Those are huge processes and will have large teams (even pricing/pog will be a little bulked up because of the added salesplanner workload). Even 2 GSTLs for 20-30 cashiers, 2-4 cart attendants, and 2-4 GSAs makes sense. 5 sales floor TLs for 15-25 sales floor tms altogether with essentially no process except zoning and putting away strays...this doesn't make much sense.

All changes must be in place by September. Target is serious about it this year, which means no more being over headcount for years on end. That's how some stores in my district have ended up anywhere from 6-12 TLs over headcount when the new headcounts rolled out. It's going to be a painful 2-8 months in my district.

We had our meeting today about this and this is what we heard.

-Will only have 1 sales floor team lead
-Flow team lead and back room team will be combined
-ETL-HR will also take on AP and APTL will report to him
-PPTL will be responsible for not only transitions, revisions, sidecaps, but also endcaps and visual adjacencies
-We will only have 1 GSTL and thus our open position there will not be filled

We were then told that at this point no one would be losing their job, because these cuts would happen over time through attrition and succession. Just wonder what happens if this takes longer than HQ wants.

I am at an ultra low volume store and can tell you that I have never seen hours, as bad as they are now. I think I ended up with 28 hours last week. This week and next are not any better. I guess I need to start looking for a new job. I am not really sure if I am on board with these changes and at the same time I am concerned with the lack of payroll in order to complete the tasks (endcaps, clearance, and so on) I need to do on the floor and the paperwork I need complete in the office (reviews and so on).

Just wanted to mention, FA and SB need to be looked at separately from the rest of the TLs. You can be a Org 1 and have a SB TL and FA TL or you can be an Org 3 and have a SBFA TL. Its based off of Starbucks sales, and I assume is mentioned in our contract with Starbucks.

Also. This really sucks.

My stl said that September was the goal on headcount and not a definite deadline..

It might just be my group then. My STL said our Group Leader is very serious that all the changes had to be in effect by the end of September. Luckily, my store is at headcount for TLs so we only have to focus on restructuring the workload. Many other districts in my group and some stores in my district are going to have to find new homes for some ETLs and TLs to get to headcount, whether that means transferring to stores that are under headcount or performance managing them out the door.

A few more things I find disturbing are now payroll is calculated by dollars instead of hours (there's always been reports for both). Some of us higher paid TL's will probably be looked at 1st when the time comes to performance someone out.

This is scary for higher paid (and longterm) tms also.
I could be screwed...

I'm highly paid in my current work area, but the lowest in the area i'm not working in.

Could be interesting to see what happens, or they still have a few more days to dump me related to my 90 days. Except there are some issues related to that too...

The worst part of all of this to me is the fact that all of the TLs have come out of the meeting talking about how great Spot is and how great the changes are in store...and say basically nothing after that. So instead, the TMs are left in the dark, have to listen to rumors (thanks to this place), assume the worst, and know we are being lied to to our faces.

God forbid the company could just be upfront about all the suckage.

that sucks they aren't telling you. We asked if we were allowed to discuss with team members as some team members were very concerned with all of us required to come in for the meeting today. Our STL said we are more than welcome to discuss anything but to not feed the rumors and stick to facts. TL's are shuffling around but we don't know where or how yet so he doesn't want to stress anyone out until it happens. He's very very against drama which i appreciate.

We got, "everything is going to be okay. These changes are a great thing. Spot is great that they don't get rid of anyone if it isn't their fault." My GSTL was the only one that hinted at the reshuffling and him getting the chance to transfer. I want to take the org chart guidelines I've seen here and nail them to the time clock so people can see what's really going on.

I'm all for having pog takeover salesplanners. That leaves the salesfloor with much more time to focus on brand, ptm and guest service. I'm pretty stoked thinking of all the time that sales floor will have to reduce A-markdowns through actually being able to PTM, zone, flex, and push. So much time before was spent building salesplanners. I just don't see why the floor needs 5 TLs to accomplish this. I'd think 2-3 tops with more tms.

We haven't seen core roles yet, but just going off of the org charts the workload seems really off balance. You've got one TL over flow, one TL over backroom/instocks, and one TL over pricing/presentation. Those are huge processes and will have large teams (even pricing/pog will be a little bulked up because of the added salesplanner workload). Even 2 GSTLs for 20-30 cashiers, 2-4 cart attendants, and 2-4 GSAs makes sense. 5 sales floor TLs for 15-25 sales floor tms altogether with essentially no process except zoning and putting away strays...this doesn't make much sense.
Not having to worry about sales planners give ample time to more important projects. The key is getting the specialty teams on process with so much of an added workload (whoever is a TL for Plano pricing will have their hands full... Not to mention the transition to 4am for some stores.

Off the top of my head, more time to: clean (especially in food), flex/push seasonal, label maintenance, work DCODE.

I still just don't see needing 5 TLs to do these tasks when you could have one or two who work with and teach their tms how to do these tasks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back