Archived After 20+ years, I've had enough!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You bake them in the oven, right? I refuse to microwave nachos anymore, it's a mortal sin.
I bake the chips while heating the beans/ meat. Then layer with cheese and sour cream and salsa.

Congrats Ash. It's definitely becoming a crap show. Enjoy your well earned escape.

From targetpayandbenefits.com info page.
Retiree Discount and Retirement Gift
  1. You may be eligible for the Target retiree discount privilege, as well as a retirement gift, if you meet all of the following criteria:❏❏ Are at least 55 years old when you leave the company.

❏❏ Have 10 years of credited and continuous service, starting after your latest hire date. A year of credited service is a calendar year in which you were paid for 1,000 or more hours. (If you were age 45 or older and an active team member on December 31, 2002, five years of credited and continuous service will qualify under the grandfathered rule. Note: If you left the company and were rehired January 1, 2003 or after, you need to meet the 10-year eligibility rules.)

If you are eligible for a retirement gift, you will receive information in the mail approximately two months after your retirement date.
This is my plan. They can cut my hours, take away my insurance by making sure I only averaged 29.4 hours last year and keep me from getting paid with made up salary caps, but I will not quit. I will retire and they will never be rid of me. I think the paperwork needs 3 months lead time, but I plan to have them contribute to my 401k until I absolutely can't take it anymore. In the meantime, I'll smile and work my 22 hours a week (compare that to an average of 35 just one year ago) and collect my free 5% retirement money.

10 grand more? That's awesome. That's 800 more a month with much less stress and probably a better work environment. Even if Target was in a better state, leaving is obviously better in the long run. I hope you see not every place of work is like Target, fucking those who deserve nothing but reward.

Kudos for your kids taking priority over your work. Most have it backwards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back