Archived After 20+ years, I've had enough!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've done every job in the store except the food prep positions, I've been an ETL over 3 areas, a tl over every area, and a tm now for a decade while raising my kids. I've worked in every volume of store except Aa and Aaa. I've works in 8 different stores.

My pay has been maxed out, I've seen new hires get raises over and over getting closer to my pay while I get nothing.

This 1st quarter is officially the worst I have ever seen. I am done. Fed up. Burned out. My Stl, hr, and ETL salesfloor are complete idiots running my store to the ground. We are running a Supertarget with single coverage in Hardlines and Softlines all day. It's pathetic that they expect anything to get accomplished.

I got a new job. A job that pays me 10 grand more than what target is paying me after all these years. An office job, no more retail. I'm thrilled! So excited for a change!

I will stick around here to see what's going on. If anyone else is pondering the thought of leaving, give it a shot!!!

I'm 20 years from retirement. I'm not THAT old. Lol
(I left target for a short stint 13 years ago, less than a year)

From targetpayandbenefits.com info page.
Retiree Discount and Retirement Gift
  1. You may be eligible for the Target retiree discount privilege, as well as a retirement gift, if you meet all of the following criteria:❏❏ Are at least 55 years old when you leave the company.

❏❏ Have 10 years of credited and continuous service, starting after your latest hire date. A year of credited service is a calendar year in which you were paid for 1,000 or more hours. (If you were age 45 or older and an active team member on December 31, 2002, five years of credited and continuous service will qualify under the grandfathered rule. Note: If you left the company and were rehired January 1, 2003 or after, you need to meet the 10-year eligibility rules.)

If you are eligible for a retirement gift, you will receive information in the mail approximately two months after your retirement date.

That's very cool.
Sorry you had to be put through the ringer like that but I am really glad for you.

Congrats. Best wishes as you begin a new chapter in your work life!

I'm currently at 15+ years and I'm just sad and depressed now at work. The hours were cut again and my boss said their only getting worse as he hiring even more guys.

It hit me today as everyone in the store save for backroom and the operator were on a check lane and the girly ETL click was hiding in the HR office squawking for more back up cashiers.

I barked back "Who? We are ALL here, you three want to come help?"

Not one peeked out to look at the front lanes slammed so bad you couldn't walk between the lines of people and softlines. You could not walk.. My last hour I cashiered so the one CAF pusher will get stuck with of my In Stock batches as well. The day before Easter one hardlines person(me) until one in the afternoon and two softlines people in a store one step under a super. Sales goal over $260k. A disaster.

Last edited:
"Are at least 55 years old when you leave the company."

Last edited:
This is why I stopped caring. It's ever so much easier just to not care. "But if you don't care ....." Whatever. It's like caring about a tsunami hitting you on the beach. It won't change the fact the tsunami will hit you. I threw away all this week's leftover signing after my hours were cut. Then, I had to backup cashier for over two hours Friday. So, right before I left, I walks to the signing area, grabbed all the signing that was dated 3/20 and pitched it. Clocked out. Went home. Made nachos.

Didn't mean to highjack your thread. Congrats on the new job.

I've almost perfected homemade nachos. I even blend my own taco seasonings. Yum!

Didn't mean to highjack your thread. Congrats on the new job.

I've almost perfected homemade nachos. I even blend my own taco seasonings. Yum!

You bake them in the oven, right? I refuse to microwave nachos anymore, it's a mortal sin.

No, the heat from the beans and meat are enough to melt the cheese. I also love lettuce on mine. I've thought about the oven though. Maybe if I layered them.

And, now it's "In The Kitchen" with your hosts, Firefox and Unknown!

Sorry, couldn't help it. That has to be the shortest and funniest hijacking of a thread I've read on here so far.

Congratulations, Ashfromoldsite. Sorry it looks like you missed out on the benefits of retiring, but keep on walking and don't look back!

It hit me today as everyone in the store save for backroom and the operator were on a check lane and the girly ETL click was hiding in the HR office squawking for more back up cashiers.

I barked back "Who? We are ALL here, you three want to come help?"

Not one peeked out to look at the front lanes slammed so bad you couldn't walk between the lines of people and softlines. You could not walk.. My last hour I cashiered so the one CAF pusher will get stuck with of my In Stock batches as well. The day before Easter one hardlines person(me) until one in the afternoon and two softlines people in a store one step under a super. Sales goal over $260k. A disaster.

Sounds like my store today only all ETL, LOD and even HR came and backed up too

I've done every job in the store except the food prep positions, I've been an ETL over 3 areas, a tl over every area, and a tm now for a decade while raising my kids. I've worked in every volume of store except Aa and Aaa. I've works in 8 different stores.

My pay has been maxed out, I've seen new hires get raises over and over getting closer to my pay while I get nothing.

This 1st quarter is officially the worst I have ever seen. I am done. Fed up. Burned out. My Stl, hr, and ETL salesfloor are complete idiots running my store to the ground. We are running a Supertarget with single coverage in Hardlines and Softlines all day. It's pathetic that they expect anything to get accomplished.

I got a new job. A job that pays me 10 grand more than what target is paying me after all these years. An office job, no more retail. I'm thrilled! So excited for a change!

I will stick around here to see what's going on. If anyone else is pondering the thought of leaving, give it a shot!!!

How does a new hire almost make as much as you if your an ETL? If you don't mind me asking, what was your pay before you left.

Sounds like my store today only all ETL, LOD and even HR came and backed up too

No we have a group of young green being lead by the idiot ETL who thinks being cute and picking where to pick up lunch is the way to run a store.. Can't get them to throw trash so you run out of cans, 30min to open receiving for coke or Pepsi. While we are screaming on the radio that they are wearing out the door bell. It is so bad our bread vendor comes through the front door. Calls bounce back to the operator three times, goes to three for everything.

I am just over it.

No we have a group of young green being lead by the idiot ETL who thinks being cute and picking where to pick up lunch is the way to run a store.. Can't get them to throw trash so you run out of cans, 30min to open receiving for coke or Pepsi. While we are screaming on the radio that they are wearing out the door bell. It is so bad our bread vendor comes through the front door. Calls bounce back to the operator three times, goes to three for everything.

I am just over it.

Yikes :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back