Archived After a long 7 years, the end has come and I've earned some goofing off

Status
Not open for further replies.
So today will be my last shift at Target after 7 years and 4 stores. 6 of those years were spent as AP (TPS and APL) and the last year or so was sales floor. I'm happy to say that I finally received a paying job in my field.

I might be a little sad but with as poorly run as the store I'm at has been I'm really glad to get out.

Yesterday I actually had some fun because I've completely stopped caring. I rolled in about 2 hours late, parking right up front instead of employee parking. Within a few minutes of getting there I ran into our newest, and most timid, ETL who was LOD for the evening.

I kind of felt bad at that point because she asked in the most meek voice "so you were late, weren't you?" "Yeah" "how late were you?" "Uh, about 2 hours or so I think" and I didn't stop to offer any excuse or anything, just kept on walking back to start pulls.

I went around to the few team members left that I enjoyed working with and spoke to them for a bit. When I covered electronics I decided to finally put in a little time on the WiiU display. I took about 45 minutes for lunch going over to Applebee's to enjoy half price apps. And finally, once we finished zone at about 11:30 and our STL wanted everyone to start working freight (as we have been doing since overnight is short staffed by about 15 people) I just said to hell with it (literally) and went and punched out. I had thought about leaving earlier but I didn't want to leave my coworkers hanging. The way I figure, staying to the end of zone helps my coworkers not have to be guilted into staying late, helping work freight on the other hand only helps management and remedy the situation created by the terrible leadership that has driven away so many people.

No one said anything, I'm not sure if it's cause they didn't notice or because they realized it wouldn't make a difference anyway.

As for tonight, I'm not really sure what other goofing off I can do so I'm asking for some good suggestions. Nothing illegal and nothing that creates extra work for my coworkers on the sales floor. Just stuff that might irk the LOD and amuse myself, and hopefully fellow team members, at the same time.

Just walk circles hitting every call button and respond over walkie you are going to clear and instead head to the breakroom for a snickers. Afterall its been 7 years I think you earned a snickers.

That is all awesome man! I am so happy for you. I have my last day all planned out. oy that ETL is going to finally get a piece of my mind.

Ha... I would take everything off of the HR ETL board where the schedules are... I would take all of the conversion information everything and walk out and throw it in a trash can... or light it on fire in the parking lot... either way... lol

i get your frustration after all this time but don't be a dickhead about it. whether or not your store leadership team had integrity and dignity or not... doesnt mean you should stoop down that low. other than that congrats and good luck on your new adventure

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back