Archived Alchoholic Pepsi

Status
Not open for further replies.
So today and yesterday, 12 packs of mtn dew/pepsi were requiring I.D. to be purchased.

A little comical, but I think they fixed it by now.

Anyone else notice this?

Apparently this happened at my store, but it must've been fixed before I started my shift.

This was an issue at my store. I called client support yesterday about it, but it was still a problem today. I thought it was pretty comical too :D

It asked for ID for Mountain Dew yesterday. I only had one guest buy it. Both she and the guy behind pulled out their IDs. It was funny. I'd ring it up. Back out of it and then try it again. Wierd!

Happened to my son when he went to get some for me - glad he was "of age" for that nasty caffeinated product!

It happened to the LOD tonight as he was shopping. He looked perplexed when the cashier asked if he had is ID. I promptly came over and did an override!

I noticed that too today when a guest bought some Mt. Dew! I had to look twice to see what I had rung up! At least he had a sense of humor about it and we both had a good laugh.:sarcastic:

Yesterday our GSA just told us to just put in a generic birthdate for Pepsi products. We joked that it was a conspiracy from Coke. It seems to be fixed today though.

All issues related to this should be fixed by 8am tomorrow!

According to our LODs and ETLs, this was a global issue that affected nearly every Target.

Makes me nervous...... with the Spring software upgrade coming. Stuff like this happens EVERY year. causes more grief than good at some points.

Never had this problem or least not that I was aware of. Did have it charging a deposit, despite the fact that our state does not collect this. Just had to void out the deposit.

Yesterday our GSA just told us to just put in a generic birthdate for Pepsi products. We joked that it was a conspiracy from Coke. It seems to be fixed today though.
I haven't cashiered in a long time but even when you put a birthday in, don't you still have to have a override?

I haven't cashiered in a long time but even when you put a birthday in, don't you still have to have a override?

We don't need overrides for birthdays in NC. We can't even scan the ids anymore. One of our GSA's said it had to do with NC law. Even when we could scan them it we didn't need an override for birthdates because the older NC ids didn't even scan.

We don't need overrides for birthdays in NC. We can't even scan the ids anymore. One of our GSA's said it had to do with NC law. Even when we could scan them it we didn't need an override for birthdates because the older NC ids didn't even scan.

In some states, they have removed the bar code on the back of id's and replaced it with a magnetic strip. I've heard it can store more information, but I'm not sure if that's true or not.

I actually prefer the mag strip cards...easier and quicker. In my state the ID's have multiple barcodes and you have to hold it a certain way to block off one of the strips so the right one will scan. Just a tiny bit of a hassle.

I actually prefer the mag strip cards...easier and quicker. In my state the ID's have multiple barcodes and you have to hold it a certain way to block off one of the strips so the right one will scan. Just a tiny bit of a hassle.

We get a lot of Canadian guests at my store with magnetic strips on their licenses, and I agree that they're easier to swipe than scan. I wish my state had magnetic strips. We used to have a tiny barcode very close to the large matrix barcode (the one you scan), but our DMV has done away with it.

We get a lot of Canadian guests at my store with magnetic strips on their licenses, and I agree that they're easier to swipe than scan. I wish my state had magnetic strips. We used to have a tiny barcode very close to the large matrix barcode (the one you scan), but our DMV has done away with it.

Funny...we used to just have one barcode, and now we have a tiny one very close to the large one you scan. Serious pain. And then, I once had a Redcard app for an out of state license that not only had the magnetic bar strip, but when you scanned it, it entered the address information *for* you! I nearly fell over in amazement! I am clearly in the wrong state.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back