Archived All employees must wear Polo's?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Due to a few girls in my store flashing their chests a bit too much, it has been mandated that our store be all polo everything. Given that I am a bigger individual, this is going to cost me more money than I make. Since I can't do much about that except obey, I'd like to know if this is occurring in other stores or if this is just a case of my store being one of those unique ones where certain rules aren't given that much attention.

That sucks.
Sounds like something that will be enforced for four or five months than slack off.
Our store lets us pretty much wear what we will as long as it's decent.
Nobody has pushed it as far as it sounds like the ladies at your store did.
Have you checked the local thrift store.
Does your store do the GTC's for shirts thing?
Maybe everyone could write each other cards like crazy so you all could have shirts.

That does suck. BUT can't you just write the shirts off on your taxes? That's what I planned on doing with my uniforms. lol

That does suck. BUT can't you just write the shirts off on your taxes? That's what I planned on doing with my uniforms. lol

From what I know, you can only write off your work clothes if your employer requires you to buy clothing with the company logo on it. Also, if the clothing is suitable for wear outside of work, even if you only wear it to work, it isn't deductible.

Sounds like something that will be enforced for four or five months than slack off.

Like how my ETLs always want to keep the PDA cabinet locked, but they're too lazy to keep unlocking it for everyone, so they just end up leaving it open.

you cannot write the clothes off since they are regular street clothes. The clothes that can be worn to the store, to church, or whatever. Uniforms can be written off due to the fact that they have a company name on them, or are boots such as steel toed that are required for the job

If they implemented this at our store, there would be ETL's that would be bummed, since they could no longer wear the tight fitting t shirts (any color) with a fleece. Yes, even in the summer

if that's the case then they should as a store be willing to purchase the red bullseye target polos in bulk and either give them out to team members, or at least at a discount or in exchange for GTCs.

If they implemented this at our store, there would be ETL's that would be bummed, since they could no longer wear the tight fitting t shirts (any color) with a fleece. Yes, even in the summer

Sounds like you have those possibly non-human ETLs who are always cold because the Spot vampires sucked out all their blood along with their souls. :D At my store, only the PAs wear fleeces this time of year because they work in the only part of the store that is even remotely cool (and they go in the coolers and freezers).

From what I know, you can only write off your work clothes if your employer requires you to buy clothing with the company logo on it. Also, if the clothing is suitable for wear outside of work, even if you only wear it to work, it isn't deductible.

Well that's lame. =/ 60 dollars I won't be getting back. -_-

Theres this girl in electronics who has a big chest and is proud of it.. I dont try to look to seem pervey but I swear to god she puts them in your face on purpose. Shes been with the company like 5 years.

....that girl my current GF would be jealous of...

I always wear a polo because I think it looks more professional and presents a good image. Some of the stuff I see team members wear completely boggles my mind. Have you thought about checking out a thrift store if finances are tight? Might find something there. Just a thought.

Cute girls with big bazongas would look almost as hot as if she was danging them in your face, too.

/me wishes that his daughter was around to hand that sentence off to but realizes he actually likes pzychopop and really wouldn't want to spend the afternoon cleaning blood and poop off the walls.
Seriously guys, there are women, here can we discus how they look with a little less Jersey Shore?

When I was at target I rarely wore a polo. My first week and may be a day or two later on. Mostly due to the fast I did carts and wanted to be more converable. Even at Walmart I only wore a polo once or twice and after that its just my blue t shirt.

Now please tell me they dont have a white only under the polo.

Please tell me they do. People need to quit with the crazy colors. I don't wear anything under.

I just ordered one polo to see if it fits me (just a regular polo from Amazon). Seriously, this store is either liberal or conservative depending on whose minding the upstairs offices.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back