Archived "All items scanned"

Status
Not open for further replies.
We're told that it's the button that is absolutely never to be pushed, ever, for any reason. We're told that if we're pulling a batch and it brings us to a DPCI that isn't there, we're to type in the DPCI manually and "pull" the quantity it's asking for just like if it was actually there.

Our BRLA was at 98.6%, then someone let a noob loose in the backroom without supervision and the forbidden button of doom was pressed 3,000 times. Our BRTL was like

1496628180293.png

and told everybody to stay the hell out of his backroom (actual quote) with the exception of a select few that he trusts to not screw it up, one of them being me.

What's the scoop on All Items Scanned and is this "pretend pulling" actually best practice? Not that I really care, just curious.

The “pretend pulling” is to save your store from getting a BRLM error, and it comes with collateral damage. Say the floor is empty for that item and floor capacity is 10. The batch asks for ten, there are none in the location, so to avoid an error you type in the DPCI of the missing item, enter 10 for quantity, and now the system thinks that the item was pulled and sent to the floor. So as far as the system is concerned the floor is full and that DPCI won’t drop into a batch again until enough of that item has been sold to hit the trigger for it to drop into auto fill or caf, which of course will never happen because there are none on the floor to sell. Pretend pulling is not best practice, quite the opposite, it is cheating that leads to delayed or lost sales. ETLS who care more about metrics than sales will demand its use, but they are only cheating themselves and store profitability.🙄

It's no different from burning batches.

Metrics are a great thing on paper, but when leadership starts getting judged on them, they begin to look for shortcuts that end up causing their own slew of problems. Really, part of the problem is that leadership treats exposing errors as the problem, and not the errors themselves -- likely because it's an easier problem to fix. Do you train TMs to do their job properly, or do you have them take a shortcut that makes you look better in the short-term?

Honestly, I tell all the new TMs I train to use AIS. It's the proper way of doing it (button wouldn't exist otherwise), after all. Telling them to just type of the DPCI will end up making them lazy. "TL already doesn't care about messing up floor quantities and costing the store sales, so maybe I'll just type in the DPCI instead of getting on the Wave or grabbing a ladder to get some paper down off the steel."
^Exactly.

That all said, they're still the BRTL. Unless you want to ruffle some feathers by appealing to your ETL/STL or confronting the BRTL, just do as they say.
The BRTL probably wouldn’t openly say not to press the AIS button if the ETL wasn’t demanding or condoning it. Leadership seems more obsessed with meeting metrics that measure the means to the end, than they are in reaching the end itself.

Yeah, I suspected as much buuuut I'm not about to butt heads with them over it. I know they're just trying to cover their asses - shitty BRLA means BRTL, ETL-Log and STL get roasted by Her Infernal Majesty the DTL. Gotta pick your battles I guess. I'm just here for the schmoney.

What annoys me about it is that I put in the effort to make sure my pulling and backstocking is accurate, to the point where I've built up a rep for being reliable in BR shifts. They know good and well they can count on me to show up and do the tasks that I'm asked to do without supervision. But then instead of giving me extra backroom shifts this Q4, they hire a fuckton of noobs and give them the shifts instead. They get 5 minutes of "training" barked at them by the BRTL and then proceed to destroy the backroom as soon as his back is turned. If I had been scheduled as backroom alongside the noob responsible for the recent BRLA plunge, I would have given him more in-depth training and this whole shitshow would have been avoided.

Moral of the story: GIVE ME THAT BREAD, OR YOUR METRICS ARE RED!

We're told that it's the button that is absolutely never to be pushed, ever, for any reason. We're told that if we're pulling a batch and it brings us to a DPCI that isn't there, we're to type in the DPCI manually and "pull" the quantity it's asking for just like if it was actually there.

Our BRLA was at 98.6%, then someone let a noob loose in the backroom without supervision and the forbidden button of doom was pressed 3,000 times. Our BRTL was like

View attachment 6630

and told everybody to stay the hell out of his backroom (actual quote) with the exception of a select few that he trusts to not screw it up, one of them being me.

What's the scoop on All Items Scanned and is this "pretend pulling" actually best practice? Not that I really care, just curious.
I'd go after the people creating the ghost locations first.

my current BRTL (and his predecessor) both told me to never m-delete and now to never hit All Items Scanned. If I'm sure I scanned everything, I'll be damned if I don't hit AIS - They do their jobs keeping things up to date and accurate and their metrics can be green, otherwise I'm not helping them fake it. It isn't like they can write you up for actually following Target's best practices. Luckily my ETL is of the same opinion as me - not going to back out, audit it, start pulling again...no time for that.

View attachment 6630

All items scan means this : X goes to pull in loc 01a Etc it says its 5 there but in reality is nothing , by hitting all items scan X now exposed the error of the Y person who was in that location last. So cheating your way thru pulls will never give you availability to hold accountable the people who actually shit on your brla.

All items scan means this : X goes to pull in loc 01a Etc it says its 5 there but in reality is nothing , by hitting all items scan X now exposed the error of the Y person who was in that location last. So cheating your way thru pulls will never give you availability to hold accountable the people who actually shit on your brla.
Ok, so how do we check who Y is and correct the issue?

Never heard anything about this at my store. I easily hit AIS 6-7 per day and that’s what everyone in my department does. I know our location accuracy is bad but I think instead of cheating to fix it (fake pulling) our ETL is instead focusing on how the errors occur in the first place, which is usually your finger slipping when backstocking or people not following directions when doing SFS/Flex.

You go into store reports , then brla then it will take you to greenfield . Your store no should be on default . And the report will show you everyone who exposed the errors aka all items scan. And on the bottom on the same page you see who has the errors.
Got it, thank you. I’m still not familiar with Greenfield.

My store has forbidden the AIS. If anyone's name is shown on the report using it then it's an automatic coaching followed by a write up if your name appears more than once. Reason being it's been a proven fact that AIS lowers BRLA. My STL pulls this report everyday and checks the BRLA daily. So best practice at my store is if a ghost presents itself in a batch instead of hitting AIS we simply exit the batch then toggle to Audit app correct the error and update it's location. Then reenter the batch and the location disappears. The BRLA goes up doing this instead of down using the AIS.

My store has forbidden the AIS. If anyone's name is shown on the report using it then it's an automatic coaching followed by a write up if your name appears more than once. Reason being it's been a proven fact that AIS lowers BRLA. My STL pulls this report everyday and checks the BRLA daily. So best practice at my store is if a ghost presents itself in a batch instead of hitting AIS we simply exit the batch then toggle to Audit app correct the error and update it's location. Then reenter the batch and the location disappears. The BRLA goes up doing this instead of down using the AIS.
Haha, what a bunch of cowards. Try coaching me on best practice.

If we aren’t supposed to hit AIS, it wouldn’t be an option. You can’t fix what you don’t know. Garbage in, garbage out. Et cetera, et cetera. I will hit AIS because, well, I scanned all the items and it wasn’t there. *shrug* Work on training TMs to backstock and pull properly.

The “pretend pulling” is to save your store from getting a BRLM error, and it comes with collateral damage. Say the floor is empty for that item and floor capacity is 10. The batch asks for ten, there are none in the location, so to avoid an error you type in the DPCI of the missing item, enter 10 for quantity, and now the system thinks that the item was pulled and sent to the floor. So as far as the system is concerned the floor is full and that DPCI won’t drop into a batch again until enough of that item has been sold to hit the trigger for it to drop into auto fill or caf, which of course will never happen because there are none on the floor to sell. Pretend pulling is not best practice, quite the opposite, it is cheating that leads to delayed or lost sales. ETLS who care more about metrics than sales will demand its use, but they are only cheating themselves and store profitability.🙄

As someone who spent a ton of time with several frustrated guests due to "x on floor, 0 in back, x on hand) while staring at an empty floor location, if this is something BR people are taught to do, it pisses me (and guests) right the fuck off.

I did learn, however, that you can order OPU from another store via the save the sale device, which helps with guests that don't want to/can't wait for delivery. Hopefully the other stores are better at keeping track of their shit than mine is these days.

As someone who spent a ton of time with several frustrated guests due to "x on floor, 0 in back, x on hand) while staring at an empty floor location, if this is something BR people are taught to do, it pisses me (and guests) right the fuck off.

I just blame corporate. Me to guests: "I know it says online that we have it in stock and yes my device says that we should have it, but normally when this happens it means that they were supposed to send it to us on a truck and it accidentally got put on a truck going to another store." An electronics TM taught me that line. It works.

Try me.. So you want to punish people for finding the error, but do nothing about the people causing the error. Sure ok. Dumbass.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back