Archived "All items scanned"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Welp, BRLA has recovered, now holding at 98.9%. Yeet. I guess they learned their lesson from E2E last year about what happens when a whole gaggle of noobs is loosed on the backroom every single day. It’s hilarious that our STL has completely ignored the directives about eliminating the backroom team and has left them completely untouched. As bad as our backroom is looking now it’s still nowhere near as wrecked as it was during Q4 2017.

Following up on this thread. My store's fulfillment team has also been told to never hit All Items Scanned. If there is a ghost in the backroom, we are supposed to look up the sales floor location in myWork, walk out to that location, find the item, and go back into ePick and "pretend pull" it. If there's none on the floor, they want us to type in the DPCI, "pretend pull" it, and when putting into hold/packing to just cancel the item from there. It's completely inefficient and shady, so I've not been doing it.

Just to back myself up, I went on Workbench and pulled up what I could find on Backroom Accuracy and Process Reporting. Under All Items Scanned Reporting, there is a bullet point that says "Just as it is today, errors made while picking in ePick are not captured in either BRLA or All Items Scanned reporting."

For those that use Greenfield and BRLA reports, does this mean that hitting All Items Scanned in ePick does not show up in the BRLA report? Regardless, I know enough to not hit AIS unless I've already scanned everything in the location. I'm just trying to bring some common sense and efficiency back to our picking process.

Following up on this thread. My store's fulfillment team has also been told to never hit All Items Scanned. If there is a ghost in the backroom, we are supposed to look up the sales floor location in myWork, walk out to that location, find the item, and go back into ePick and "pretend pull" it. If there's none on the floor, they want us to type in the DPCI, "pretend pull" it, and when putting into hold/packing to just cancel the item from there. It's completely inefficient and shady, so I've not been doing it.

Just to back myself up, I went on Workbench and pulled up what I could find on Backroom Accuracy and Process Reporting. Under All Items Scanned Reporting, there is a bullet point that says "Just as it is today, errors made while picking in ePick are not captured in either BRLA or All Items Scanned reporting."

For those that use Greenfield and BRLA reports, does this mean that hitting All Items Scanned in ePick does not show up in the BRLA report? Regardless, I know enough to not hit AIS unless I've already scanned everything in the location. I'm just trying to bring some common sense and efficiency back to our picking process.

I was wondering about this. One of my store's DBOs was getting praise for her aisles having a BRLA of 100%. I was in utter disbelief as I hit AIS in her aisles daily. So, I'm guess ePick errors don't count. Of course, that 100% is nothing more than an indication of how dilligent that DBO is about cheating the reporting while pulling. Her true accuracy is completely shit.

cancelling items from packing will flag for AP because it essentially means the item was stolen from the pack station

If we aren’t supposed to hit AIS, it wouldn’t be an option. You can’t fix what you don’t know. Garbage in, garbage out. Et cetera, et cetera. I will hit AIS because, well, I scanned all the items and it wasn’t there. *shrug* Work on training TMs to backstock and pull properly.
This is how I figure it. Just did this a couple days ago while pulling a batch - I'm looking in a waco for what's supposed to be there and it's definitely not there. So I scan what is there, hit that AIS button, and move on.
I know I've accidentally back stocked 33 of something instead of 3 - and caught myself before it was too late. But maybe there was a time I didn't. Mistakes happen. Just make sure they don't happen often.

OOC, what happens if you don't actually scan all items before hitting the button? I ask because while fulfilling an order ordinarily I absolutely do not want to scan any pick labels or even bar codes on items until I know I not only have the right item, but that I also have as many units of it as I need.

I'm told to scan everything before hitting the dreaded button, but I'm guessing nothing bad happens if I don't bother. It'll just delete the one item from the location and not every other item I assume.

Weird thing happened today. Pulling an Auto I scanned the item that matched the image. This was the only thing like it in the Waco, nothing else even came close. It would be comparable to a car battery being in a box with mixed fruit. It WAS the item. Scanned it and did not get a confirmation. Scanned it a couple of times more and still nothing. Scanned all other items with, predictably, not a hit. So, I hit AIS. Was about to leave and the mid said there was still an Auto batch in there, so he pulled it. It was the exact same item, in the exact same location, that I scanned. The mid said they were able to pull it. This ever happen to anyone else?

The logic is still the same in ePick vs move. Items not scanned are removed and items scanned but not located are added with an unknown quantity. It's just in ePick, it doesn't count as an error.

I wouldn't really call that logic. If I can clearly see that something is not what I'm looking for, why waste time scanning it? Let's say I'm looking for a toothbrush that somehow got located in a deoderant waco. If I can clearly see that there are no toothbrushes in the waco, it makes no sense to scan every other item in the waco when we could just say the toothbrush isn't there. In a closed stock location there would theoretically be fewer items to scan, but there's always the possibility that you scan a pick label, get a hit, and find yourself with a mispick. That potentially creates a much bigger issue than an item not being backstocked correctly. It's fulfilling an order and charging a guest for an item that you might not actually have.

Backroom accuracy is obviously important, but you all need to get out into stores and see what actually goes on. You're better off leaving correcting issues for TMs 12-stepping than TMs trying to do pulls or flexfills. You are likely creating more backroom issues than you are solving because stores encourage cheating the metrics with audit and by other means and because not every TM is going to be dilligent enough to always scan everything. Just remove the one item that wasn't found from the location, flag the location for an audit, and leave it at that.

I mean, I was a backroom lead for almost four years, so I have experience with backroom.

I'm definitely not saying it's the greatest system.

I mean, I'm not blaming you specifically. But, if you can argue for an implement something better that would be awesome.

Bwahaha [All Items Scanned] is like my most favorite button that has ever existed. Personal record is 20 times in one batch alone. Yeah good times.

If people could backstock and pull correctly and maybe be held accountable when that jack the place up then we wouldn’t be at sub 90%.

Well to be honest the board says it’s at ~96% but it’s not been updated in 4 months.

and told everybody to stay the hell out of his backroom (actual quote) with the exception of a select few that he trusts to not screw it up, one of them being me.

What's the scoop on All Items Scanned and is this "pretend pulling" actually best practice? Not that I really care, just curious.

I hope you aren't upset but that whole post had me in stitches. I can't imagine it was funny BEING there though

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back