Allocate hours for depts.

This might be for any hr or etls. So I was wondering how do yall allocate hours for depts in yalls stores.Based on sales or based on a guide ? For example sales and how much freight is passing through dept? Or using a guide for how many hours per dept ?

I've been trying to get a straight answer and im not getting one.

Projected sales & hours to do tasks. Tech is getting the shaft on hours right now. Double digit sales & no hours.
Projections are done by your sd. You can ask them too.

Is your tech full coverage all day ? We have 2 7 1/2 hour shifts ...so covered from open to close.

My DSD is very particular. Hours go where they are originally allocated or else. This rule came about last Thanksgiving week when we had a whole day visit and fufillment was a complete shitshow because our hours had been given to other teams. HRBP now checks every week. Hour shenanigans are not allowed.

Mine didn’t either. Sometimes I think our SD allocated hours this way:
View attachment 11255
😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

That's what it feels like here. And given there's no penalty for calling in sick now, if 2+ people call out on a Saturday, everything is FUBAR six ways from Sunday because you might get ONE person who'll come in when called on their day off

I can tell you my store does NOT allocate hours based upon sales or workload (freight, POGs, REVs, SPs, or Pricing.)

aka - my workload is Insane, my sales are up, and my hours are pure shit.

I just dont understand how some areas are scheduled all the time in world and others dont. For example my hba dbo is scheduled 4 hours for 25 to 40 repacks plus 3 to 4 uboats. While our beauty girl (no fault of hers) has 7 1/2 hours with average of 10 to 15 repacks n one u boat of casepack and 1/4th the sales compared to my hba dbo.

Beauty's intense. Not only do they get overstuffed repacks of many tiny things... they often have to sort those, then have really indepth sales convos with guests and having to unlock white strips and their backstock is easily a 3tiers worth on a light day.

Not for us beauty work is done around 3 or 4 hours Into shift . Their cosmetic is sorted for them no digging in repacks for them. Skin care repacks sorted by aisles. Second beauty girl doesnt start closing routines till 5 or 6pm. There is no beauty events so they are not scheduling 3 to 4 beauty girls on the weekends. They are not allowed to come help our hba dbo either.

Beauty is required to be open to close. In addition to truck, they are actively selling. That's the rationale behind that particular situation.

Yes that's the only answer I've gotten from my etl hr specialty needs to be always covered. But at my store specialty is at the lower half of sales at any point of the year except 4th quarter they up with rest store. They positive comps % just not high sales like other areas.

This how my boss does it she makes the schedule and then HR changes to fit there needs. She makes a nice schedule they screw it up trying to save on hours.

Yes that's the only answer I've gotten from my etl hr specialty needs to be always covered. But at my store specialty is at the lower half of sales at any point of the year except 4th quarter they up with rest store. They positive comps % just not high sales like other areas.
It is also a high theft area, so coverage is supposed to help with great guest service which is supposed to lead to less loss. Comps Comps Comps... nobody is as concerned with sales as they are with comps at our store.

I just dont understand how some areas are scheduled all the time in world and others dont. For example my hba dbo is scheduled 4 hours for 25 to 40 repacks plus 3 to 4 uboats. While our beauty girl (no fault of hers) has 7 1/2 hours with average of 10 to 15 repacks n one u boat of casepack and 1/4th the sales compared to my hba dbo.

Beauty is expected to actively sell to guests and HBA isn't. Beauty has a higher margin too so their lower sales don't necessarily translate to lower profit.

Back