Archived Am I getting fired?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another team member reported me to our STL about something I said. I verbally told this team member to follow the rules and be more efficient and stop being idiotic because this is the 2nd time I've told you this.
So my STL calls me in the office and hears my side then says I was not being fast, fun, or friendly and told me this has already been reported to our Target Business Partner, we will get back with you in 5 to 7 days. Should I start looking for a new job? My STL seems to have blown this out of the water by reporting it to a BP like that. I've been with Target for more than 3 year years and never had any issues at all, will I get a chance to stay or just fired on the spot?

Probably a corrective action for conduct. Dont call people idiots they are crybabies and will tell on you even if its true. Spot usually sides with the crybabies because theyre scared of hotline calls.

Probably not fired but be prepared to have them up your tuchus for every little thing from now on.
Like GlobalTL said you'll get a CA for sure and they will ride you hard.
Don't you know you don't get to call TM's idiots unless you're an ETL?

Last edited:
Why the hell would they go all the way to the BP for that? Now THAT sounds idiotic. That does sound very mean what you said though; I can only imagine saying that to a team member if they were actually a close friend of mine. It would still be inappropriate in that case, but I can't even imagine saying it to anyone else... IDK. Everyone makes mistakes... just learn from it. :)

They might have to partner with hrbp to get correctives approved. I know some stores do that.

I wish you guys were at my store. Everyone seems so thin skinned here. When I say things like I said, it was not out of hate, it was more of a tough love thing. I mean I already told you once and you do the same exact thing wrong again?!
Worst part of all this person did not even come up to me and tell me that I offended them, just straight to the STL. I've never been in trouble before but is it normal for a STL to take things to the BP??? Seems like he's trying to get an OK to can me or something?

They can't can you for 1 offense after you've been at Target over 90 days.... has to go to a Counseling > final warning > term. Big process. Of course if its serious enough you can go straight to a final.

Or for very serious things like theft/violence/sexual harassment it can be an auto-term, but that doesn't seem to be the case.

yea becareful what you say because there are people who take it way up the a**, ive seen this happen between a TL and an ETL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back