Archived Am I Going To Get Fired?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You will probably be put on a final Corrective Action and your FTL as well.

Part of the reason that he or she may be upset is that in most stores the Flow TL is a key carrying position. On that particular set of keys he/she may have the store entrance key. This would mean that the store would most likely have to have the door locks changed since they don't know who has the keys. Technically that would have to be done that day because someone could "try" to use the keys after close. Each key carrier would need a new set of door keys then.

There was a time back in the day when folks had sets of keys for things like the bailer and the Wave that weren't signed out.
They were made for TL or the steel captain, even a regular cardboard flow TM.
Those oldtimers still have those keys, they just don't talk about them.
This just might be one of those cases, which is why the TL feels it is VERY important they be found.

There was a time back in the day when folks had sets of keys for things like the bailer and the Wave that weren't signed out.
They were made for TL or the steel captain, even a regular cardboard flow TM.
Those oldtimers still have those keys, they just don't talk about them.
This just might be one of those cases, which is why the TL feels it is VERY important they be found.

Thats all it is

A key for the baler

A key to operate the electric pallet jack

There is a chance that someone saw where you left them and picked them up and is holding on to them to teach you and the FTL a lesson. Sounds stupid but it has happened at my store. If/when you get called in just own up to it and don't make excuses, don't use the "well they aren't my keys." response. Just say what happened, how you tried to find them and express remorse for losing them, vow that it will never happen again. Beyond that any discipline that you get will be up to the STL, HR and APTL. Good luck and let us know what happens.

Thats all it is

A key for the baler

A key to operate the electric pallet jack

Oh if that's the case, you're fine man. TL shouldn't even have an "off the books" set like that, and they shouldn't have just given them to you. They'll get in trouble before it comes back to you. Let your ETL-HR know if there's any sort of retaliatory attitude/actions after all is said and done.

I have an off the books set too haha. I went to my local hardware store and duplicated the baler key. Crown keys are a dime a dozen, my SFT was cool and gave me an extra. No need to grab equipment keys to run the baler when I had signing to crush.

Oh if that's the case, you're fine man. TL shouldn't even have an "off the books" set like that, and they shouldn't have just given them to you. They'll get in trouble before it comes back to you. Let your ETL-HR know if there's any sort of retaliatory attitude/actions after all is said and done.

I have an off the books set too haha. I went to my local hardware store and duplicated the baler key. Crown keys are a dime a dozen, my SFT was cool and gave me an extra. No need to grab equipment keys to run the baler when I had signing to crush.

Well she was pissed before I left and kept saying "You need to find those, they are MY keys." I get why she would want them, but your saying that if she gets an attitude/action against me to tell the HR?

What exactly do I tell the HR

Thank god someone knows what the deal is. These keys are not nearly as serious as store/gstl/electronics/etc keys.

Well she was pissed before I left and kept saying "You need to find those, they are MY keys." I get why she would want them, but your saying that if she gets an attitude/action against me to tell the HR?

What exactly do I tell the HR

Keep your mouth shut. The baler/crown keys have been floating around for years. Lots of TMs have their own set from years ago when the store just gave them to TMs to keep forever. This is what she is telling you - they are HER keys. In other words, the store may not even know she has them. She probably acquired them years ago, or from a TM who had their own.

Don't say a word about this to anyone. If she can't find them, she will just drop the matter because she doesn't want to bring attention to the fact she had them to begin with. Even if she finds them, she won't talk about it anymore for the same reason.

Some of the ETLs (the ones that have a clue) know that TMs/TLs have extra equipment keys in the backroom..... They just turn a blind eye to it because honestly it makes the ETLs job easier. However, once someone makes an issue of it to an ETL they are forced to confiscate the keys because *technically* they shouldn't be out "in the wild" so to speak.

You should have never told anyone but the FTL, it's a damn baler and a crown key. You went and told the LOD and the ETL-HR and who knows who else and now you're trying to weasel your way out of getting into trouble? You caused the trouble, you lost the keys and then you were and told everyone instead of solving it on the lowest possible level. More than likely another TM or TL grabbed the keys and is going to give them to the FTL, this should have never reached up to the ETL-HR level.

Our new ETL-AP found our one of our veteran BRTMs (10+ years with the store, never on corrective action) had his own set of bailer/equipment keys.

He had the keys confiscated, and the lockbox at TSC re-keyed. Oh, and the bailer was re-keyed too.

You should have never told anyone but the FTL, it's a damn baler and a crown key. You went and told the LOD and the ETL-HR and who knows who else and now you're trying to weasel your way out of getting into trouble? You caused the trouble, you lost the keys and then you were and told everyone instead of solving it on the lowest possible level. More than likely another TM or TL grabbed the keys and is going to give them to the FTL, this should have never reached up to the ETL-HR level.

Thats bull****.. I shouldnt have told anyone ? how about she shouldnt have keys that nobody else knows of ? How am I trying to weasel out.. I shouldnt get put on corrective anything if they are not keys that are officially the stores.

I ripped into him? For stating that he caused the mess and made more out of it than he should have and then tries to not be responsible? Grow up Evan, I know you're only 18 or 19 and boys mature at a slower rate than girls but at least act like an adult.

9ersfan, look...YOU lost his keys, you were irresponsible. It doesn't matter if he shouldn't have had them. You should have never took his keys without signing them out. Now since they were not even signed out this whole thing could have been avoided if YOU didn't run to every damn ETL in the store telling them you lost the keys.

I was going to post here.... But I'm afraid of starting WWIII

All I will say is that if they were a sr and had a store key YOU ARE F@$%ED, if there wasn't a store key worse case scenario is final warning (just keep your nose clean for the next 365 days!)

Thats bull****.. I shouldnt have told anyone ? how about she shouldnt have keys that nobody else knows of ? How am I trying to weasel out.. I shouldnt get put on corrective anything if they are not keys that are officially the stores.

That's right - you shouldn't have told anyone. That's twice you've failed to take responsibility for your action. The first was losing the keys and tattling to every ETL then planning to blame it all on someone else.

I am guessing that Target is probably your first job and haven't been around long. Let me tell you a little concept everyone in the workforce knows - CYA. CYA means Cover Your Ass. When something happens that could even possibly get you in trouble, step one is *not* running to management and letting them know about it *especially* if they will probably never find out about it.

Fact is, this was basically a personal matter between you and the TL and it should have stayed that way. Worst case scenario would have been the TL would have been a little annoyed with you to not have her keys that she had on the down low, but she wouldn't have held it against you for very long. The matter would have been completely over at that point.

Instead, now you have told damn near every ETL in the building that 1. You both were using keys both of you technically should never have had and 2. Said keys and now lost and could be in anyone's hands. The ETL's probably never even knew these keys existed, and now they will be out for blood. Guess what? Both of you will probably take a hit from this. The TL will probably get a full write up, and at the minimum you will probably get a coaching for having let the keys into the wild, but you are probably looking at a full write up too. Why? Because Target makes an example of people once keys are lost. It doesn't matter the TL should have never had them - when keys are involved, anyone who touched them leading to them getting lost gets a write up.

So basically, you just fu**ed yourself and the TL for no damn reason. Let this be a lesson to you in the future - don't run and tattle to management if you and anyone below ETL level can possibly cover/fix the situation without letting the ETLs know about the problem to begin with.

I was going to post here.... But I'm afraid of starting WWIII

All I will say is that if they were a sr and had a store key YOU ARE F@$%ED, if there wasn't a store key worse case scenario is final warning (just keep your nose clean for the next 365 days!)

It's a damn wave and crown key. The ones they used to hand out to TMs and let them *keep* forever years ago before they went nuts with key control. ETLs didn't even know they existed until he ran and told them all.

I ripped into him? For stating that he caused the mess and made more out of it than he should have and then tries to not be responsible? Grow up Evan, I know you're only 18 or 19 and boys mature at a slower rate than girls but at least act like an adult.

9ersfan, look...YOU lost his keys, you were irresponsible. It doesn't matter if he shouldn't have had them. You should have never took his keys without signing them out. Now since they were not even signed out this whole thing could have been avoided if YOU didn't run to every damn ETL in the store telling them you lost the keys.

Its not just him but everyone. All you do is rip into people like and angry bitter douche.

And just so you know I am 23 not 18. I am acting like an adult. I'm pointing out how 90% of your posts are nothing but negative. All you do is act like an a$$hole to everyone on here. You give no positive insight or comments. You're just a jerk. Why don't you go take your anger out elsewhere?

And as for him going and telling everyone.... maybe he didn't know what the hell to do huh? Yes lets just stick to secrecy so that someone who shouldn't have a set of personal keys to the company can keep them against company policy. Yeah thats always good. Thats like police officers keeping **** quiet about a coworker driving home drunk. That works... REAL well. Great job instilling deceit in the younger members of the company. Maybe they'll grow to work in HQ and be just as great of liars as them.

Last edited:
That's right - you shouldn't have told anyone. That's twice you've failed to take responsibility for your action. The first was losing the keys and tattling to every ETL then planning to blame it all on someone else.

I am guessing that Target is probably your first job and haven't been around long. Let me tell you a little concept everyone in the workforce knows - CYA. CYA means Cover Your Ass. When something happens that could even possibly get you in trouble, step one is *not* running to management and letting them know about it *especially* if they will probably never find out about it.

Fact is, this was basically a personal matter between you and the TL and it should have stayed that way. Worst case scenario would have been the TL would have been a little annoyed with you to not have her keys that she had on the down low, but she wouldn't have held it against you for very long. The matter would have been completely over at that point.

Instead, now you have told damn near every ETL in the building that 1. You both were using keys both of you technically should never have had and 2. Said keys and now lost and could be in anyone's hands. The ETL's probably never even knew these keys existed, and now they will be out for blood. Guess what? Both of you will probably take a hit from this. The TL will probably get a full write up, and at the minimum you will probably get a coaching for having let the keys into the wild, but you are probably looking at a full write up too. Why? Because Target makes an example of people once keys are lost. It doesn't matter the TL should have never had them - when keys are involved, anyone who touched them leading to them getting lost gets a write up.

So basically, you just fu**ed yourself and the TL for no damn reason. Let this be a lesson to you in the future - don't run and tattle to management if you and anyone below ETL level can possibly cover/fix the situation without letting the ETLs know about the problem to begin with.

You must be completely stupid. The best thing would be for more people to know the keys are gone so that there are more eyes looking for them so that they are found. If its so damn important to find those damn keys then why not get more people looking for them. AND the TL who had them should by all rights be punished for having keys against company policy if policy does in fact dictate as such. Stop trying to cover everyone else's ass and just do whats right.

Being deceptive and sneaking around isn't the way to do things. **** like that shouldn't be happening. And you all ***** and complain about the secrecy and lying done by the big boys up stairs.... ****in hypocrites...

You are an idiot. Anyone who has been around a while probably has their own baler and wave keys anyway. We used to make copies and give them to the backroom team members. More than likely what happened was the flow team leader is a key carrier, he loaned his store issued wave and baler keys to the kid to do trash (without the store key). I did it 100s of times. You always comment when you have no clue.

How was he supposed to know that the TL wasn't supposed to have those keys? I would have never known such a thing. If we lose keys, AP and/or the LOD wants to know right away at our store...especially when it temporarily happened on Black Friday!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back