Archived And our GSTL bites the dust

Status
Not open for further replies.
Word is he was terminated for submitting a ton of guest surveys him self.

What is wrong with people.... Everyone in the store knew they were riding his ass for months because of the bad front end numbers, but seriously was it worth it?

The correct name is investigate services or IS. There was 3 etl's & stl were fired for doing guest surveys & too many missing punch corrections for tm's, in my district.

The correct name is investigate services or IS. There was 3 etl's & stl were fired for doing guest surveys & too many missing punch corrections for tm's, in my district.

Sure it's not Target Investigation center? or the "IC" for short. Thats what we call it in our district, anyways.

i don't even understand how they knew it was them? that's kind of creepy to me..
Although, I also don't understand why you would submit one about yourself.

i don't even understand how they knew it was them? that's kind of creepy to me..

I worked at a grocery store where the idiots actually called from the store phone to do the surveys.
They have all kinds of ways of tracking from when they came up on the register to what what receipt they are attached to, so if you do it once maybe you'll get away with it more often ... by by.

Well as a TL I can understand the why. TM's probably can not relate to it.

Basically as TL's we are accountable for "the numbers". If guest feedback about your department sucks, your instock numbers are bad, accessory attach numbers, etc the DTL comes down on the ETLs. Of course, the ETLs turn around and blame it all on the TLs. So before you know it your ass is being hounded like crazy to get your numbers up, and it doesn't take long before the threats of write ups and termination start. Some TLs do shady things to get their numbers up....

I won't lie - I've done it too. Not fake surveys, but last christmas my instocks were going to hell and I was being scheduled nothing but closing shifts. Obviously you are not allowed to do research after the cut off time, and instock team was seriously dropping the ball. My ass was being rided by our DTL, STL, and ETL (and I mean riding it hard) to fix my instock situation. Unfortunately being scheduled to close so damn much made it almost impossible for me to do anything about it "by the book". So what did I do? I asked to "borrow" PDAs from seasonal team members (still logged in under their number) and researched during the closing shift. I knew that on Workbench it would look like they were breaking the rules, but I also knew they were going to be let go after the holidays anyway so it really didn't matter if it came back on them. It fixed my instock problem and possibly saved me from write ups/job loss. Am I proud of what I did? No.... but sometimes you have to do what you have to do to get your numbers where they need to be. Every TL does it somehow, sometimes. They won't admit it of course, and sometimes even tell themselves they are not playing the system.... but if you don't do it no matter how good a TL you are eventually the numbers will screw you over unless you find a way to control them.

A perfect example.... how many TLs do you know in your store have never tied/broken ties of end caps in order to meet their POG set dates? I know for a fact every TL at my store has done it every now and then, and I've even seen our ETL-HL do it. That's just how it goes - and as the saying goes, don't hate the player hate the game.

Last edited:
Word is he was terminated for submitting a ton of guest surveys him self.

What is wrong with people.... Everyone in the store knew they were riding his ass for months because of the bad front end numbers, but seriously was it worth it?

Do you know how he purchased his/her item? Credit card, cash, check, etc.

Well as a TL I can understand the why. TM's probably can not relate to it.

Basically as TL's we are accountable for "the numbers". If guest feedback about your department sucks, your instock numbers are bad, accessory attach numbers, etc the DTL comes down on the ETLs. Of course, the ETLs turn around and blame it all on the TLs. So before you know it your ass is being hounded like crazy to get your numbers up, and it doesn't take long before the threats of write ups and termination start. Some TLs do shady things to get their numbers up....

I won't lie - I've done it too. Not fake surveys, but last christmas my instocks were going to hell and I was being scheduled nothing but closing shifts. Obviously you are not allowed to do research after the cut off time, and instock team was seriously dropping the ball. My ass was being rided by our DTL, STL, and ETL (and I mean riding it hard) to fix my instock situation. Unfortunately being scheduled to close so damn much made it almost impossible for me to do anything about it "by the book". So what did I do? I asked to "borrow" PDAs from seasonal team members (still logged in under their number) and researched during the closing shift. I knew that on Workbench it would look like they were breaking the rules, but I also knew they were going to be let go after the holidays anyway so it really didn't matter if it came back on them. It fixed my instock problem and possibly saved me from write ups/job loss. Am I proud of what I did? No.... but sometimes you have to do what you have to do to get your numbers where they need to be. Every TL does it somehow, sometimes. They won't admit it of course, and sometimes even tell themselves they are not playing the system.... but if you don't do it no matter how good a TL you are eventually the numbers will screw you over unless you find a way to control them.

A perfect example.... how many TLs do you know in your store have never tied/broken ties of end caps in order to meet their POG set dates? I know for a fact every TL at my store has done it every now and then, and I've even seen our ETL-HL do it. That's just how it goes - and as the saying goes, don't hate the player hate the game.

i hear you no one is perfect you have to do what you have to do in order to get the job done by any means necessary.

Well, IP address is hard for someone to "track down" to a specific computer and find out information on that person unless you are the police.. Unless that person was sitting at a computer inside of a Target and doing it there at work. I can imagine that TGT has some system of checks in place because there had been a similar issue at my store years back regarding the same actions.

Some people just don't think things through!..

i think he was using a spot computer.

Say what now? If that's the case it's the epitome of stoooooopid! I'm all for keeping the numbers where they need to be, but for the love of God if you want it that bad, challenge your team and hold them accountable! I know the scores reflect on our reviews, but to blatantly put your job at risk (to the extent of getting caught) is just moronic!

On the other hand, there may be more to it than that... lots of times people SAY why someone was termed, but unless you have an AP with a big mouth, the only people who know the REAL story are the ones in the room...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back