Archived ...and so it begins... (Hours woes)

Anyone else want to complain about your hours?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
They claim 4 hours is the new minimum with myTime, but I saw someone with a 3.75 hour shift...and since my store is back to doing the schedule by hand, I'm sure that minimum will be out the window soon as well.

39.5 hours for me on the schedule that came out today. I wonder how I'm going to play it out. Am I going to try to make it where I can leave early on my last day of that week or am I going to take longer lunches to save minutes? Would be awesome to have to leave the backroom at 6pm or 630pm because I'm close to 40.

I can't gripe too hard because I'm a student and not super reliant on Target (thankfully). Not really digging having to pick up every shift possible just to make 20 hours though. My only real complaint? Stupid 3, 4, 5 hour shifts. Schedule me for 12 hours a week, whatever, but I hate having to go in 4x a week for 3 hours instead of x2 a week for 6+ hours.
I thought 4 hour shifts were minimum or is that only where I work?

Must be just you, I've had two within the last month (one conveniently on the day I asked off for a doctors appointent, jerks)

Our store is hurting for team members something awful. I get my forty for market and I pick up two days each week for Plano or salesplanners. Every week. I'm waiting to see if I eventually trip some internal warning for too many days in a row.

39.5 hours for me on the schedule that came out today. I wonder how I'm going to play it out. Am I going to try to make it where I can leave early on my last day of that week or am I going to take longer lunches to save minutes? Would be awesome to have to leave the backroom at 6pm or 630pm because I'm close to 40.
Since mytime came out we have a sheet posted that projects who will be nearing overtime.. So if you are scheduled 40 hrs and work a little over 8 hrs on Sunday, it will say you are nearing overtime. It is then your responsibility to cut it, but don't do it by being late or lod will have to talk to you and ask if everything is ok at home...what's that about?

I'm pretty global logistics wise at my store. Know pretty much all the processes. My store also has had trouble developing (and in some positions hiring at all) new hires.

It's good for me. I haven't been scheduled less than 40 hours since beginning of July iirc. I think that was also the last time I didn't have to cut ot at the end of a week. Lately it's been close to 2 hours every week. It sucks some weeks when we don't have enough people that are trained to even use all of our allocated hours.

I was doing between 30 and 40 for a couple months then my hours were halved. But the thing is, I had to do my renewal for ebt card just before my first short check, so now, my food stamp allocation is $16 per month because of the good checks.

I'm working 6 days this week to make it to 33. Picking up other people's shifts is tough because we all have the dumbest 4-5.75 hour shifts and if they don't meet close enough, I won't do it because I have to sit around in target for hours (I don't drive). I've been picking up shifts on days off, but I think I'm throwing in the towel. Before, I wasn't applying to any retail jobs because it's more of the same shit, but now, I am. If I can find somewhere with more hours, that would be an improvement. Hell, if I find the same amount of hours but squished up in less days, that's enough of an improvement.

I just wanted to ride out the next 8-9 months until I relocate (and maybe transfer depending on the stores), but right now I'm not sure.

I could've sworn that the rule is that they can't schedule you more than 6 days a week, but that you can pick up shifts as much as you want. I believe you also HAVE to take one day off every pay period.
speaking from experience I can say with absolute certainty that that is false as false can be. my store doesn't give a rats ass if you don't have a day off every pay period. course that could be because we are so understaffed but hey profit eh?

Last week, most of the back room TMs got cut back to about 20 hours (one of the mid shifts was cut each day), from our usual 30-32 hours. Everything is back to normal this week/next week, but I picked up shifts to get to 38-39 hours just in case we get shorted again.

I hope I get a lot more hours for the Christmas season. I'd love to be scheduled at least 39 hours here until early January. I'm just trying to pad my vacation time as much as possible. Is the limit for a 5 year plus team member 120 hours or 160 hours?

I could've sworn that the rule is that they can't schedule you more than 6 days a week, but that you can pick up shifts as much as you want. I believe you also HAVE to take one day off every pay period.
speaking from experience I can say with absolute certainty that that is false as false can be. my store doesn't give a rats ass if you don't have a day off every pay period. course that could be because we are so understaffed but hey profit eh?

We have a state labor regulation that mandates overtime if working on the 7th day of the pay week. Nothing about working 12 days in a row, though....

They claim 4 hours is the new minimum with myTime, but I saw someone with a 3.75 hour shift...and since my store is back to doing the schedule by hand, I'm sure that minimum will be out the window soon as well.
I just got scheduled for a 2.25 hour shift. 6:30-8:45pm, on a Saturday. We have mytime but apparently there's been "issues" with it so I think they're hand scheduling.
(Personally I just think they fucking hate me but I'm paranoid).

I'm probably in the minority, but I want less hours! As a full time student and full time TL I have barely have any spare time! I want less hours, but I need benefits, so yeah...

I want balanced hours in a way that I get my work done without overwhelmed stress *Sigh*

Planogram is one dept that keeps hitting me and my team with heavy load, but we have only so many planogram TMs to handle it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back