Archived Anniversary Today....

Status
Not open for further replies.
So today was my 15 year anniversary with good olé bullseye. Started in 9th grade and worked my way to senior team leader. So anyway no one mentioned my anniversary. No one. And it got me to thinking that over this past year we really haven't mentioned anniversaries at all since we switched to our new stl....Is this common at other stores? Is our store rare?

Our store has the anniversaries and names on the big calendar at TSC, but no one has said anything in the time I've been there.

Our store doesn't mention birthdays or anniversaries anywhere I don't think. Congrats on all your years of service!

So today was my 15 year anniversary with good olé bullseye. Started in 9th grade and worked my way to senior team leader. So anyway no one mentioned my anniversary. No one. And it got me to thinking that over this past year we really haven't mentioned anniversaries at all since we switched to our new stl....Is this common at other stores? Is our store rare?

We used to but lately, Everyone has been more worried about the 11 Hardlines pulls on the line, or that one end-cap that has an out on it.

PS: Congrats, I've been here 3 and a half years and I am quite sure I will be long dead before I ever see 28.

One ETL does if he can look that info up, but most of the others can't be bothered. Its depressing its either under a year or over 7 years.. Not much in between. No one bothered to mention my anniversary either.. So you are not alone.

Congratulations.
You really deserve some real recognition for your time and all you've done for the company.
Sorry they don't seem to see it that way.

My store stopped doing that between the last 2 years. Honestly, it would be disappointing to see mostly under 1 years. Most of the veterans are leaving or already left for greener pastures/

Anyways, congratulations.

Mine would just post it on the wall in the breakroom and maybe one of the ETLs would bring it up at the huddle, she's good about that. At the very least she makes sure to get birthdays. Other than that nothing and this month they haven't bothered to do it yet.

My last anniversary was brought up in the morning huddle.....the one I couldn't come to because I had a line at my SB counter all the way to the door.
Later, an ETL dropped off my card & said "Congrats."
So underwhelmed.

It took my store 6 months to give me my 5 year anniversary card. Just a couple years ago we would give them out at huddles, now only the 3 people that started when our store opened 20 years ago get recognized. The rest of us...they really don't give a damn anymore

I'm nearing 5 years and I have ridiculously low expectations.

We used to have birthdays and anniversaries posted on the Table Talkers in the breakroom, but Spot decided to discontinue the Table Talkers.

Happy Anniversary!

My store replaced all the leadership, but prior to that, bdays and anniversaries were announced at huddles or sometimes over walkie. We have it listed on the tsc/hr "event" calendar. I look at the calendar, but I feel like a creep being the one rando who knows you just had an anniversary or birthday lol. So, I don't say anything.

I bet you could smoke in the breakroom.

What was spot like 28 yrs ago? What do you miss? What do you not?
I miss the great pay raises. I miss the hours team members used to get. We had a zone team of about 8 to 12 with its own team lead. We've come a long way planos are easier price change much easier. Used to have price change printed on sheets of paper the team would have to look for items with out any type of scanner manualy ticket with a ticket gun and then manualy enter all price changes on the PC. We measured every label no label strips. And no sign printing. I had to write down each missing sign and order on PC . its a different world some good changes some bad.

Happy anniversary to everyone that has been with Spot for any amount of time and that is on TBR!! I personally have been with Spot over 10+ years of service and several different stores.. We all are what keeps this "ship afloat" :):););)

Congrats!
My HR ETL gives me the anniversary packages so I can hand them out asap. We have several TM who have been with Target 10+ years and some have been with Target for 25+ years.

To survive 15 years at any job, let alone a retail job, is admirable. Congratulations!

My store only observes anniversaries every three years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back