Archived Annual review slap in the face....kinda...

Status
Not open for further replies.
So my TL has always been 100% honest with me. No matter what, whether he thinks I should know, it will hurt my feelings, make me mad or not, positive or negative. If I ask, he tells me straight up. I've always admired this about him, and have the most respect for him of anyone I know. It's part of why I love working for him.

Enter annual review, stage right.
Our reviews are already done, turned in, edited, resubmitted, and approved.
I ask him what I got.
He tells me I got an Excellent. I'm stoked. partly because I was on final corrective action all year so I was surprised I was given that high, even though I'm the "best of the best" (chain of commands words, not mine)
Then he tells me to sit down. -uh oh...... didn't get a great feeling.

He tells me all this stuff about how much I've improved my "diplomacy"-lol- and how I've bent over backwards to do anything I can for logistics as a whole, all I do with running the Sunday AD team without technically having the authority to do so while supporting the store as a whole any way I'm asked to.

I'm pretty confused so I ask him why I needed to sit down. He then lays on me the fact that I would have gotten an Outstanding if the store had the budget to give out O's this year. That he put me in for an O, then had my review kicked back to him to change it.

I was pretty mad, kinda hurt actually.

He went on to explain how he changed the score and nothing else, told HR that he refused to down play my wins and exaggerate my opps just to fit a score. He'd play their game, but he wasn't going to bash me without a damn good reason to do so.

Moral of the story-
I'm not even mad about not getting the O anymore. I'm actually more impressed with my TL than I've ever been. He did what he had to do without stabbing me in the back.
THAT, my fellow Targeteers, is what separates a leader, from a boss.

Congrats on getting an E though! thats still good.
Im still waiting for my review....
my boss is pretty blunt with me, and do a month to month review...
but idk.. haha

Great score.

But sorry to say that is typical. Stores are told they can only have THIS many Outstandings. Usually all the ETLs or TLs favorites or friends get these scores.

You got an EX while on a final? Methinks your STL does not quite know how the system works.... but yeah O's are the golden snitch of review scores. Only a max of 5-10% of the team are allowed this score. I don't believe they are reserved for "favorites" though... I know every TM in my store who gets an O, and they more than deserve them.

I've endured 5 reviews during my stint and I've always gotten IE.

Great score.

But sorry to say that is typical. Stores are told they can only have THIS many Outstandings. Usually all the ETLs or TLs favorites or friends get these scores.
Out of my 3 reviews I have received 2 "O's" and believe me I am neither a favorite nor a friend of the ETL's(because it is the ETL's who ultimately decide the scores)
my first was less than 4 months in to my prison sentence so I got no brownie points for good behaviour.

LMAO prison sentence. Hehehe! I thought I was the only one that used "prison sentence" when describing their time at Target. I love it.

Wow, since only a maximum of 5% if allowed to get an O, for you to get 2 out of 3 years O's is incredible. Congrats! I'm very happy that the original poster feels he has a good TL, that is a rarity, glad that some people are getting treated well =)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back