In-person reviews?

I never had an actual sit-down review this year. According to my pay stubs I got a raise, but no review. I'm not complaining because I hate them so I'm actually relieved, but a TL I talked to said everyone is supposed to have an in-person conversation and sign off on it. She was confused how my TL was able to bypass it. Are they allowed to just skip over that part and give the raise if the TM is doing a good job and there are no concerns? I've been there almost six years and they know I'm good, so for the most part they just leave me alone and let me work (which is what I want). I'm curious because I don't know how it works from management's end.

Yes everyone was supposed to have in person reviews. The reviews this year were similar to last year where it was not as structured and supposed to be more personal. There was no acknowledgement needed this year so I guess people got away with just not doing them.

I never had an actual sit-down review this year. According to my pay stubs I got a raise, but no review. I'm not complaining because I hate them so I'm actually relieved, but a TL I talked to said everyone is supposed to have an in-person conversation and sign off on it. She was confused how my TL was able to bypass it. Are they allowed to just skip over that part and give the raise if the TM is doing a good job and there are no concerns? I've been there almost six years and they know I'm good, so for the most part they just leave me alone and let me work (which is what I want). I'm curious because I don't know how it works from management's end.
12 years here and I’ve never not had a sit down review. Some have been super quick. Last year they restarted the mid year check In review.

I didn't get a review this year either. Other years you had to go on the computer and acknowledge receiving your review. This was the first year that wasn't necessary. I suspect corporate may have decided that was a mistake though, as they are now requiring you to acknowledge the mid-year review like they previously had for the yearly review.

So the raises are already there? Or are you talking about last year…
They're talking about the review they received this year, likely between March and May. Or, more accurately, should have received.

This is just a new midyear temperature check kind of review, not the actual review that gives scores and raises.
I'm talking about the annual review in spring. I had my mid-year one last week. I asked another TL and she said regular TMs don't have to sign off on the annual ones anymore, so TLs can get away with not doing them. That's fine by me.

Back