Archived Another new remodel?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone else getting another remodel besides the E & E and home one from last year? Just saw a sign up sheet in the TSC for a remodel beginning on 5/15 and they're looking for overnight people. Apparently we are a test store for it.

Last edited:
Well, you're a test store so there's at best a handful of other stores that will be getting that remodel too

My store is getting a full remodel and instead of signing up to do overnights they hand picked the team and I'm one of them

Target has loads of different pilots going on right now. It could be the dry grocery transition, toys reimagining, or the phase 2 home remodel.

My stores having a front end remodel in a couple months. Could be happening other places too.

Could be an Optical center, we have Optical, and E and E coming in at the sametime. (With this Market Transition right before, shoot be in the face).

My stores boring. In the 3 years I've been here, the only remodel we've had is Bullseye's playground. And I guess self checkout if you count that.

I know there is a home de-innovation remodel reducing the "moments" from the whole home innovation remodel due to loss of sales because it's silly waste all that open floor space just to sell attachments instead of our online catalog. There is also a dry grocery remodel in a couple months and more stores are getting self check out lanes, replacing the express lanes, pretty sure that one doesn't involve many or any TMs. Can't remember if i saw any more...

My store got a Starbucks last year, and they're putting the CVS in.
Other than that, the last remodel was a couple years ago. Was fun having the lights at full overnight and chatting with the crew who were putting in new fixtures.

My store had gone and E&R last fall. In May we are redoing home. From what I was told all stores with home have to be the same set up. Many that were done last fall such as mine don't have the same set up as stores done earlier in the year. Our new remodel for home is only 3 weeks

I've heard rumors of an EE remodel, but who knows if that's even going to happen. Our last major remodel was when we became a P-Fresh about 5 years ago (holy crap, that long already?), but we did the whole Baby360 thing in 2014 and we had mobile aisles installed in the backroom.

What are thoooooose!

What is that??? Where does it go??? How do I get them???

Each one of the aisle structures is on wheels, and in each section, the aisles are compressed into a smaller space so only one aisle is open at a time. That means you can have more aisles in a smaller space. To open an aisle, you turn the crank and the entire structure moves to the right or left. Having mobile aisles allowed us to get more steel space and lose an outside storage container.

The mobile aisles can be a pain because only one aisle can be open at a time in a section, so when we pull the CAFs, we have one person start in each section of mobile aisles so that if we need help finishing the batches (which doesn't happen too often with the new CAF system), we don't have to worry about dealing with that.

Each one of the aisle structures is on wheels, and in each section, the aisles are compressed into a smaller space so only one aisle is open at a time. That means you can have more aisles in a smaller space. To open an aisle, you turn the crank and the entire structure moves to the right or left. Having mobile aisles allowed us to get more steel space and lose an outside storage container.

The mobile aisles can be a pain because only one aisle can be open at a time in a section, so when we pull the CAFs, we have one person start in each section of mobile aisles so that if we need help finishing the batches (which doesn't happen too often with the new CAF system), we don't have to worry about dealing with that.
Wouldn't work at my store. Our Backroom needs those aisles to put all those tubs and 3-tiers filled with backstock in.o_O

I seen mobile aisles in a Walmart backroom before. Seemed like a pain. They used it to house their high dollar merch near receiving (surrounded by a fence). Although it was neat the first time I saw it.

My store has had the mobile aisles for as long as I remember, they are a pain. You're constantly getting in people's way with them.

Wouldn't work at my store. Our Backroom needs those aisles to put all those tubs and 3-tiers filled with backstock in.o_O

We still have several stationary aisles (none of which contain stationery), and we use a couple of them to store empty tubs and the crap that overnight didn't finish.

My store has had the mobile aisles for as long as I remember, they are a pain. You're constantly getting in people's way with them.

Yeah, my morning shifts are a pain when I need to pull 78 DPCIs of WMNS price changes and someone from plano is in the GIRL aisle (in the same section of mobile aisles) pulling 20 NEW POGs. But it's not too bad for CAFs because we get the mobile aisle fillgroups done first.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back