Remodel Tips

SuperTarget

Former Team Member/Leader
Hey Team!

I'm heading off to another store soon to assist with the Presentation workload for a remodel store. I'm pretty familiar with setting pogs but what else should I know. They mentioned I would be paid for travel mileage.

1. How do I submit my time? Im assuming im not able to punch in there... would I do that when im back at my store?
  2. Who do I check in with at the store when I get there?
  3. Is there someone typically in charge of gathering fixtures that are needed?

My store went through remodel a couple years back so looking for tips and refreshers. When my store was remodeling I was really on a service advocate helping guests. I've been doing Presentation at my store for a couple years now so my Store Director picked me and one of the other Presentation Experts to assist.

Mileage is submitted thru WorkBench. Search Concur (I think that's what it's called, don't quote me on that though) or mileage reimbursement and a link should pop up for you to submit it. The mileage you can count is the distance between your store and the one you are working at, include there and back. It can take a couple pay cycles before you see it on your paycheck.

I would ask about punching in. Sometimes you are keyed in to that store's payroll so you would be able to punch in/out like normal. I've done it for support help in the past. An easy way to know is if it shows up on your schedule. If you see it there, you'll be able to punch.

Mileage is submitted thru WorkBench. Search Concur (I think that's what it's called, don't quote me on that though) or mileage reimbursement and a link should pop up for you to submit it. The mileage you can count is the distance between your store and the one you are working at, include there and back. It can take a couple pay cycles before you see it on your paycheck.

I would ask about punching in. Sometimes you are keyed in to that store's payroll so you would be able to punch in/out like normal. I've done it for support help in the past. An easy way to know is if it shows up on your schedule. If you see it there, you'll be able to punch.
Yeah it shows on my schedule with the store number I’m going to in red.. my home store normally shows in a black color. So I should be able to just punch as normal at that store?

Attachments

• IMG_0556.jpeg
    IMG_0556.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 26
Yes you punch in at that store like normal. Your remodel tl can show you how to submit mileage. When I did it I just did it on Fridays for the whole week. It is not difficult. There will be a person in charge of fixtures. If your are working overnight you should have all fixtures provided by the dayside team. If you are during the day you might need to get them. I really enjoyed my time doing remodel.

When the payroll is transferred over for things like this does the payroll come out of the allocation for my store or the other store? just curious who ends up giving up the payroll hours

Yeah it shows on my schedule with the store number I’m going to in red.. my home store normally shows in a black color. So I should be able to just punch as normal at that store?
WAIT. WHERE DID YOU FIND THIS LINK?? THIS IS THE CLASSIC MYTIME.

Were you in the store?

I have a handful of remodel tips. For one, if you're getting new SCOs, god be with you. The Next Gen Self Checkouts (I call them NGSCO) are very good and very bad.

Best part of them, They have money recyclers. So if a guest puts in a 20, another guest can get that 20 back in change. Another cool thing is at least at my store, we only bank them once a week

Worst part? The money recyclers is extremely unreliable from day 0. "Quality tested" my ASS. We got 13 new SCOS. Not ONE of the money recyclers worked out of the box.
One had a silica packet stuck, another had something unplugged. Something jammed, ETC.

We're approaching about 2 years before we're officially done with remodeling but we STILL have like 3-5 SCOs that NO ONE has successfully finished.

If electronics is getting remodeled then that also means you're most likely getting electronics 2.0 / 3.0. Your desk will be a fraction of what it used to be before. We just have 1 drawer of lockup boxes, completely avoid using the big boxes since they take up a TON of space. We have two tiny bins of spider wraps which is super helpful.

If GS is getting remodeled then you're in for a TREAT. If you didn't have a dedicated OPU Hold area before you most likely will now. We have a walk in cooler and fzr dedicated to OPU.

We had this huge L shaped desk at GS before the remodel and they shrunk it from 4 registers to 3 which is SUPER stupid IMO considering we make 86 million a year.

TSC will most likely be moved to the back if it wasn't already. TL offices do not exist. Only SD and HR have dedicated office spaces now.

Your store will also get music if it didn't already.

If style is remodeling, you will get a much nicer fitting room however, the TM space for the fitting room is MUCH smaller than before. If you're a greatland / super target you will get two fitting rooms but, for us we closed our smaller secondary fitting room because of higher theft since there is no attendant .

If SBUX / Cafe is remodeling Cafe will be completely removed in favor of Taste of Target (or ToT) Where there will be a SCO in the cafe that a guest can go and pick up the pizza from the hot area and pay for it at the SCO. Cafe is all self service now. All Cafe TMs do is make the food and place it out.

any questions?

I have a handful of remodel tips. For one, if you're getting new SCOs, god be with you. The Next Gen Self Checkouts (I call them NGSCO) are very good and very bad.

Best part of them, They have money recyclers. So if a guest puts in a 20, another guest can get that 20 back in change. Another cool thing is at least at my store, we only bank them once a week

Worst part? The money recyclers is extremely unreliable from day 0. "Quality tested" my ASS. We got 13 new SCOS. Not ONE of the money recyclers worked out of the box.
One had a silica packet stuck, another had something unplugged. Something jammed, ETC.

We're approaching about 2 years before we're officially done with remodeling but we STILL have like 3-5 SCOs that NO ONE has successfully finished.

If electronics is getting remodeled then that also means you're most likely getting electronics 2.0 / 3.0. Your desk will be a fraction of what it used to be before. We just have 1 drawer of lockup boxes, completely avoid using the big boxes since they take up a TON of space. We have two tiny bins of spider wraps which is super helpful.

If GS is getting remodeled then you're in for a TREAT. If you didn't have a dedicated OPU Hold area before you most likely will now. We have a walk in cooler and fzr dedicated to OPU.

We had this huge L shaped desk at GS before the remodel and they shrunk it from 4 registers to 3 which is SUPER stupid IMO considering we make 86 million a year.

TSC will most likely be moved to the back if it wasn't already. TL offices do not exist. Only SD and HR have dedicated office spaces now.

Your store will also get music if it didn't already.

If style is remodeling, you will get a much nicer fitting room however, the TM space for the fitting room is MUCH smaller than before. If you're a greatland / super target you will get two fitting rooms but, for us we closed our smaller secondary fitting room because of higher theft since there is no attendant .

If SBUX / Cafe is remodeling Cafe will be completely removed in favor of Taste of Target (or ToT) Where there will be a SCO in the cafe that a guest can go and pick up the pizza from the hot area and pay for it at the SCO. Cafe is all self service now. All Cafe TMs do is make the food and place it out.

any questions?
My store completely did away with cafe In remodel. No pizza.

Be prepared for all kinds of delays with construction materials and some store fixtures. If construction needs to be done in a certain order like project A must be done before project B and project C, but if the material for project A isn't there yet then projects B and C get backed up too. Our remodel went on so long they had to pause it for 4Q and pick it back up the next yr in Jan.

And one would think they would prioritize the fixture room because you kinda need it to set and prioritize the lanes/ DU because well 4Q but no that came last.

When the payroll is transferred over for things like this does the payroll come out of the allocation for my store or the other store? just curious who ends up giving up the payroll hours
I'm pretty sure there is a completely different budget for the remodel it gets billed to. It was managed by the SD of the store for the the remodel I did but that could be different for each remodel, but probably not.

My cafe was always crazy busy, lots of guests complaints when it closed. For us it wasn’t a money issue it was a space issue. We needed the space for opu drive up hold.
ahhh yes that also makes sense. My store had a STUPID big TSC so we have a huge OPU room and a stupid big OPU overflow area that half is being taken up as a beauty stock room.

Back