Archived Any Advice?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I literally just found out within the last hour that Christmas with my mom's side of the family was officially scheduled for Dec. 20. It was a date thrown around at Thanksgiving but wasn't made official until we knew for sure that my cousin's ex would let her have their two kids that weekend (he has them for Christmas). It also had to work for another cousin and his wife, who will be in town during this time (he's in the Navy and stationed in California). I haven't seen them since their wedding three and a half years ago.

As of right now, everyone's schedule is clear except for mine. I don't know my schedule for the week of Dec. 14-20 yet and am planning to talk to my HR tomorrow (my day off) about getting that date off.

I'm really, really nervous about asking. The deadline to request for time off for that week ended last Sunday (as, I said above, the date of the get together was not set in stone until today). I just feel apprehensive about asking for a day off several days after the deadline. It was also listed as one of the dates we were asked to try and have some availability. I literally have no other personal conflicts between now and Christmas except this get-together (a noon to night event a hour and a half away from home).

Any advice on talking to my HR?

That schedule was due to be up by noon today. Go in ASAP and put it on the swap board and start asking around to either switch or find someone to outright take it.

Talked to my HR today. Right now I'm scheduled to work that night but she said she's hoping to have an orientation next week and will try to see if she can give that shift to one of the potential new team members. If it doesn't happen, I'll just be leaving the get-together early.

I did put the shift on the shift swap sheet too.

Kind of happy things will work out in some way and I'll be able to see my family, especially my cousin and his wife.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back