Archived Any idea when I'll get my first paycheck?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I started work on Tuesday for orientation. Worked Wednesday, Thursday, and Saturday. From my understanding this week was the end of the pay period on Thursday? So will I be getting paid for Tuesday and Wednesday and get a paycheck this week on Thursday? Weird thing is I've yet to fill out my W-2 or direct deposit. In this case would my check just be handed to me? Please don't tell me I have to wait another 2 weeks to get a paycheck

Target Team Members are usually paid Bi-Weekly it depends when your orientation fell according to the pay schedule.

I would check with Guest Services, TSC, ETL-HR, or LOD for your paycheck.

Keep in mind when you do direct deposit it does take a pay cycle or two to activate

On eHr you can view pay statements on the team member kiosk (Keep that in mind for future reference when you activate direct deposit)

Last edited:
Your W4 is filled out online after your orientation. Or you can go to paperlessemployee.com/Target.
If you go back and grab your orientation folder, there's a list of things you need to take care of.
Target in all its tremendous wisdom took this away from hr to handle on the first day, and nade it your job to figure out.
Until you change it, it defaults to single and zero.
Target has divided payroll in half. One side of the country gets paid one week, and the other half... its more 'cost effective'. Just ask at the servicedesk, they can tell you which Friday is the right one.

So I'm hoping I get a check tomorrow could seriously use the money right now. Are checks handed out or mail delivered? I don't have direct deposit

If you haven't signed up for direct deposit, they'll give them out at the tmsc at your store.
I'd strongly advise signing up for DD, tho.
Even if you don't have any checks, ask your bank to print out a few temp checks. These would have the routing number at the bottom & that's what you'll need when signing up for DD. It will still take a paycheck or 2 before it goes thru.
You can also use said temp checks to sign up for a Target check card.

You don't need a check at all to set up direct deposit, once you have access to eHR. I just changed mine and got my routing and account number from my bank's website.

edit: As other people have said, we get paid biweekly, and our weeks run Sunday to Saturday. If your orientation was Tuesday the 27th, you will get paid on either September 6th or 13th, depending on your store's paycheck schedule. If you get direct deposit, you might get your deposit on Thursday instead (depending on your bank). You'll have to ask someone at your store where to pick up your paycheck (my store has had them at the fitting room and at the service desk, and I know other stores keep them in the HR office).

Last edited:
I just started as well OP. Orientation was Aug 18 and my paycheck is ready today Sept 6. So it took about 3 weeks because my orientation landed on the week of payday so you will get paid for the week of orientation and the week after. So 3 weeks from orientation date expect a check. But you will not get paid for the work you did the same week of that 1st paycheck.

Also you can logon to eHR (only at the target location for pay/scheduling menus) and go under Pay -> Pay Statement and will show you the date the paycheck will be ready.

Last edited:
You can access all your paycheck info on eHR anywhere, not just at work.

Everytime I try to access any part of the Pay area on eHR at home it returns with a "Under Scheduled Maintenance."
How do I get around that if you can access at home.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back