Archived Any of you veteran employees able to help me with a problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today at huddle our ETL's sputtered the same crap everyone else here on the forums have been hearing about. The super zone, power hour, thanksgiving bull crap, etc. Anyways, something was said about how the company uses some pretty useless hours just for someone to walk around our entire store scanning DPCI's to see if we have OUTS or not. That's literally all they do for days on end, so we can research that shit etc.

Anyways, as ridiculous as it is I saw it as an opportunity. I was thinking, since I'm usually the only person in GM (except with my TL) that when I'm working the repacks I could just write down these DPCI's of items that are truly OUTS. Yet, that process would take far too long and I really want to stream line it where I can just scan the item. Is there some kind of function I could use in the PDA's where it would allow me to create a list of all the DPCI's I've scanned? Then I could later just type in all those items in NOP to see if we even have them in our BR or at a 2nd location? If it truly is an item that should be researched, I would be able to then highlight it or take that DPCI and make a new list that I could then submit to my leaders?

Any ideas? I don't really want to take time away from what I'm doing, but if I'm already walking around with carts full of product from my repacks and I happen to come across a item that may in fact be an OUT. Why not see if it really is?

Just to note: NOP doesn't show BR locations. LOC, SUBT, and Item Search all do.

You could probably abuse whatever program batches labels but your idea sounds too time consuming to be worthwhile. Your instocks team is supposed to be putting grey dots over labels on items that have already been checked and your flow team should be taking those dots off as the product comes in and gets stocked. That way, you can tell at a glance if someone has already scanned the product.

The instocks process is a pretty straightforward way to find items that were missed from the truck and backstocked as well as correcting counts. The problem is that there's too many weighted metrics attached to it so it's always being screwed with to make reports look better.

You could probably abuse whatever program batches labels but your idea sounds too time consuming to be worthwhile. Your instocks team is supposed to be putting grey dots over labels on items that have already been checked and your flow team should be taking those dots off as the product comes in and gets stocked. That way, you can tell at a glance if someone has already scanned the product.

The instocks process is a pretty straightforward way to find items that were missed from the truck and backstocked as well as correcting counts. The problem is that there's too many weighted metrics attached to it so it's always being screwed with to make reports look better.

The current rumor is that outs with locations has been removed as far as weight goes. That was always the biggest one. Everything else was a bit related to instocks doing their jobs.

The current rumor is that outs with locations has been removed as far as weight goes. That was always the biggest one. Everything else was a bit related to instocks doing their jobs.

Scans with Location % has been removed as a weighted metric. More and more stores were saying the new, segmented Instocks process was affecting their metric, so they took it out so the I/S team can actually do their job. I have to say our store has looked much more full now that we don't have to worry about cheating the system so our metrics stay low.

My suggestion to try color screen for item search. Go to instocks, under the book option upper right side of screen. Check if the research option or pulls were done on item. You will know the truth that way, if everyone has done their job.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back