Archived Any other TMs get a July raise?

Status
Not open for further replies.

crumbdumb

Living the American Dream
Not comfortable asking TMs at my store about this, so I'll ask here:

Did anyone get an out-of-the-blue raise this month? I got my usual couple cent raise during review time in the spring, but this week I got another bump...around a dollar. I'm not doing somersaults or anything, but I'm not complaining either. =P After several years of small bumps from low $7 up to mid $8 last spring, I got a bump to $9+ last fall (which has been explained in the press already) but then another bump to $10+ this month. They say this was triggered by poor Best Team Survey results on pay, but that sounds fishy; I imagine TMs complain about pay every year, but they've never done anything about it til now.

My state is raising its minimum wage, but I don't think that's the cause either; it's mid-$8s right now, and we're only going to just above $9 several years from now (and then indexed to inflation).

Is another company wide pay bump being implemented or are workers so unhappy in my store their hand was forced?

Last edited:
Not me but last December I got a letter out of the blue saying basically "We've raised your pay from $8 to $8.25. Don't tell anyone".

Yay!! I am glad since i am sure you both really deserve it. Well done Spot!

It may be they are trying to match wages in area if they are having a hard time holding onto staff or they could be trying to get ahead of future minimum wage hikes that are coming in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back