Archived Any suggestions how to complete research pulls?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonhart621

Flow Driver
Most of the research pulls drop at 11am, when the CAFs start dropping. I'm the only one doing the CAF pulls every hour. Most of the time the CAF pulls in my store are 1 hour so it takes me almost the whole hour. My store is in deep red because I can't pull the research pulls within an hour, especially if there's 24 batches that dropped at the same time and a few of them are huge.

The research pulls should drop as the instocks team finishes a department, reaches 100 DPCI's, or has been in the system for an hour. If this isn't happening something is wrong. Talk to your instocks team about hitting the aisle done button for any aisles not being scanned that day ASAP. This will make the batches drop in faster.

We used to hit aisle done, but then we got told not to do that since we aren't actually completing the work. I didn't think about how it would affect the batches not dropping since fill groups aren't finished until you scan all the aisle with that fill group. This would explain the batches that show up at 11:30 or 12 some days!

For the OP:
If your store is anything like mine, the 11s aren't usually very big. Just grocery and maybe chem and paper. I would see about getting help with the 11s if there are still research batches in the gun. Research batches should take priority. All batches are timed and the research batches should usually be in the gun before the 11s drop meaning that their timer started before the 11's timer. If you can't consistently get the research batches pulled before 1 hour and the 11s pulled before noon, you might try switching to pulling the CAFs at 11:05 (they all should have dropped by then), and then switching back to pulling research. Might as well have one green timeliness score instead of two yellow or red ones. That said, both CAF pull timeliness and instock pull timeliness should be green, so getting extra help or getting instocks to stop scanning at 1045 or hit aisle done for what they're skipping might be ways to help make the workload more manageable.

The research pulls should drop as the instocks team finishes a department, reaches 100 DPCI's, or has been in the system for an hour. If this isn't happening something is wrong. Talk to your instocks team about hitting the aisle done button for any aisles not being scanned that day ASAP. This will make the batches drop in faster.

We are told that they have to be left in the gun. This really cheeses me since so many of the tasks are the freaking softlines tables and they don't schedule anyone to scan them!!

As Sigma said the 11's shouldn't be that big, but your stating that some of the research pulls are large. I would hope your ETL and TL already are aware of the situation, but I would speak to them about it. Your research pulls should not be more then a couple of items if anything. With the research pulls being large your replenishment scores are being affected as well with "scans with locations", they need to look into this. This is really bad stocking by the flow team or the instocks is not scanning correctly, i.e. 2 pegs 1 full 1 empty and they don't zone it, or 2 shelves same scenario or just needing zoned and not missing a facing.

Either way I would talk to them so they can look into this otherwise your ETL is not going to have fun conference calls.

Our instocks and flow teams are the the worst. They don't check second locations, even if the second/third locations is above the first.

DARY, FRZN, and PRO1 are the biggest batches when they backstock before 11am. Everything they backstock, it shows up again. subt99 method can't be done if there's only one guy backstocking (especially on the freezers).

Add salesplanner batches in my task lists.

Of course this is not an everyday problem but it happens at least twice per week. Weekends are the worst because all CAFs are huge.

Couple things here:

1. Get some help from your morning BR team or your TL to either pull research or help with CAFs.
2. If the estimated time for the CAF is one hour, you should be getting it done in 45 minutes.
3. Try to combine your research pulls with the 11s. Pull CHEM in CAF, then switch over and pull the research CHEM.

This is a pain in the butt. Our research has been dropping later and later. We'll have a couple trickle in before 11, then bam, 5 more at 11 and 8 or more at 12! And if they're scanning softlines tables, well... you're screwed. Or sometimes we end up with POGs that aren't even supposed to be set yet (sometimes with things that aren't supposed to be backstocked!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back