Archived Anybody heard of Creature Crates?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everybody, it’s been awhile! Took a year to study abroad, but now I am back in the states and working at Target again to get me through school.

At the start of my shift on Sunday, I had no idea what a Creature Crate was. Then at open, I had two guests asking for the toy. Searched for it on mydevice and only returned an adult beverage category. WTF? I was like, we don’t have anything else called a Creature Crate. Are you sure you are spelling it right? Then they pulled out the ad. A huge pic of the toy took up 75% of the toy page in the ad. I felt dumb. Ended up finding our two after 15 minutes of hunting (they had been displayed in the wrong location). Both of ours are now gone, and no stores around us have stock.

We took more calls for Creature Crates yesterday than we took for Fingerlings, and that is saying a lot. Sounds like these little buggers are selling for big $.

I was asked about these by the LOD Sunday during ad set. I have never seen the things, they must be just now rolling them out.
They're made by MGA Entertainment, same people that make the L.O.L. Suprise, these fucks are making more money than God.

Last edited:
I was asked about these by the LOD Sunday during ad set. I have never seen the things, they must be just now rolling them out.
They're made by MGA Entertainment, same people that make the L.O.L. Suprise, these fucks are making more money than God.
Speaking of big companies in toys, has anyone else noticed that Spinmaster makes literally fucking everything else?

Speaking of big companies in toys, has anyone else noticed that Spinmaster makes literally fucking everything else?

Except SpinMaster doesn't appear to be the Golden Goose any longer. We have SO. MANY. HATCHIMALS just sitting. Accidentally rammed the freaking Hatchimal shipper with the crown. Brought the whole f'ing thing down. Hated them last year, and this year even more.

crate-creature.jpg
You mean this thing?
Thats not what I got when I googled it first.

This is.
DSC06613.jpg

I’m kind of surprised at the difference in hot toys right now between some markets. Crate Creatures are just sitting on the shelf at my store, but hatchimals are still all the rage. Can’t get the hatchimals in stock for anything. Most days someone is waiting when I open the doors to see if any came in. At least they’re civil about it. I freaking hate the funko pop collector (scalper) people...they’re such jerks about new releases of them.

I’m kind of surprised at the difference in hot toys right now between some markets. Crate Creatures are just sitting on the shelf at my store, but hatchimals are still all the rage. Can’t get the hatchimals in stock for anything. Most days someone is waiting when I open the doors to see if any came in. At least they’re civil about it. I freaking hate the funko pop collector (scalper) people...they’re such jerks about new releases of them.
I hate the funko people with an undying passion. Had one throw a complete temper tantrum at me , because we didn't have our shipper out. We found them a week later behind a shipper pallet.

Last edited:
Masterofalltrades, I kicked one out and banned him for doing that kind of thing. He came back two days later and was shocked that I enforced it. We get them all the time ‘demanding’ we pull the ones they want because they know they’re here and according to Reddit they’re already out. We put them out at random times throughout the day just to spite the early morning jerks, and don’t set new ones until whenever the POG team gets around to it. Ended up having to explain to one that if he wanted to dictate when we set new planograms, he could check target.com for openings on our merchandising team, but otherwise was not in a position to do so. They seem to have calmed down lately; hopefully word got around their group that we’re over their shenanigans.

Good day m'lady, might you happen to have the Harley Quinn Funko Pop in stock at this fine establishment, perchance? I learned by way of the Reddits that it is indeed true *tips fedora*

This would be much more effective than their preferred tactic of “**** you, go get it for me or I’ll have your job.” Sir, you wouldn’t want my job, then you would have to deal with people like you.

This would be much more effective than their preferred tactic of “**** you, go get it for me or I’ll have your job.” Sir, you wouldn’t want my job, then you would have to deal with people like you.

just tell them, "You couldn't possibly give a Funko, about what they want, as its against Target Policy".

This is the "Brand" response.

Upcoming NatGeo article: "Creature Crates, Fingerlings and Hatchimals added to the IUCN endangered species list"

If I spray everything the fuck down with DDT will the Hatchimals go extinct forever?

I did get a laugh the other day with one of those Crazy Creature toys. A woman was buying one and her daughter, maybe 8 or 10 years old saw the fake warning sign not to pull the tongue and just asked "why are you not allowed to touch that?"

999 out of 1000 kids would be pulling that for all its worth, and here is the only child that actually follows (fake) instructions.

I did get a laugh the other day with one of those Crazy Creature toys. A woman was buying one and her daughter, maybe 8 or 10 years old saw the fake warning sign not to pull the tongue and just asked "why are you not allowed to touch that?"

999 out of 1000 kids would be pulling that for all its worth, and here is the only child that actually follows (fake) instructions.

That's not it's tongue...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back