Archived Anybody work in or know about In-Stocks?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am incredibly confused about in-stocks right now, and the two other persons on the team training me are confused as well. Apparently in-stocks is up in the air because nobody knows exactly how scanning operates.

Assumptions:
One person thinks that when you scan an item and it shows for example: 13 on-hand Backroom: Yes and there are none on the shelf this means:
a) The total both on the shelf and in the backroom is the on-hand total. (We all agree on this)
b) If there are none on the shelf, enter 0 to generate a pull. (Makes sense to me)
c) If there are none on the shelf, 13 on-hand, Backroom: No then don't put 0 even though it says to enter how many you see there. Just void the scan and hope that eventually they turn up. (Maybe? Someone could have put them in the wrong spot, though we check the entire area well to make sure this didn't happen or they aren't on a flex endcap somewhere or in a re-shop basket)

Another person thinks that when you scan an item:
a) If there are none on the shelf and 13 on-hand and backroom: Yes void scan and don't do anything. the system will know we are low automatically and generate a pull. (maybe and maybe not. maybe the system think there are enough currently out and it won't generate a pull because it thinks there are enough on the floor)
b) If we put 0 in this case, it will zero out the number of items on hand and we will mess up our inventory. (not sure I believe this as it seems to me it would just let the system know there aren't as many on the floor as it believes)
c) If there are none on the shelf, 13 on-hand, Backroom: No then put a 0 so it will correct our inventory and order more. (We actually give it a couple days first then put 0 so it will reset our on-hand count to 0. If it hasn't been re-shopped, re-stocked or found by then we probably don't have them.)

Anybody know how the system works? I've only been there two weeks and they have me really confused. They say just because it says to put how many you see here doesn't really mean that. Also, anybody know what goes into the scoring for In-Stocks? When I asked they all said they have no idea, but we'd all like to know so we can raise our teams score.

You're in standalone EXF, right?
I'm not an in-stocks TM but when a backroom TM showed me how to create a batch for him he said to put the number of items you would like to be pulled from the backroom. not the number of items currently on the shelf. He immediately pulled my batch for me and the right counts were present.

If all else fails, check best practice!

No, we're not in stand-alone, we are in research or rig. I assume that in stand-alone that would be the case since you are generating a pull from outside of research or rig. Where can I find best practice at?

No, we're not in stand-alone, we are in research or rig. I assume that in stand-alone that would be the case since you are generating a pull from outside of research or rig. Where can I find best practice at?

Via workbench search for best practices and it should be the first link. Just follow the categories until you get to what you're looking for.
If you can't access workbench (can't remember if TM's are able to) then your TL/ETL should be able to pull it for ya

Wow, where the hell is your TL? You guys sound like you need retrained from the start to me....

You should always scan everything you are supposed to scan and enter how many you see... There are no tricks you have to do to make it work, its all automatic! Just scan and enter the number on the shelf and that is about it! I honestly didn't even really look that closely on the screen to whether it was backroom yes or no unless I saw a really large OH number... Target has it setup where the TMs should be scanning everything and then if something isn't right it will show on the reports for the TL to look at (Scans with Locs %, Drastic Count Changes, etc) so that he or she can fix the original errors... If you guys aren't scanning right, you are just covering up issues that need to be addressed!

The only reason I can think they are confused is the Log-TL whining about sales floor accumulator and pallets. If that's the case, pfffffft. If I need to zero something to get it out of the backroom to fill the floor, I'm going to zero it. The only time I don't is on high priced items with no backroom locations and then I bring it to attention of TL, Backroom, and/or AP

I've always been told to zero out counts. There could have been a misspick that messed up the counts that wasn't fixed, could be theft, wrong amount sent...there could be a number of reasons that the counts became wrong. If there is some in the backroom and none on the shelf, zero out the count so it will pull from the backroom. When you have items located in the backroom, none on the shelf and you zero it out, it won't clear the count, just create a pull instead. There are times when the system won't pull an item when there's backroom location, that's why it's important to zero it out.
I was also told with rigs, since there's a lot of times when the capacity is wrong at my store, to think about how many more would fit and subtract that from the capacity so it'll only pull that amount. Don't know if your store would be happy with that or not.
If you find one you can always rescan and add another to the count. System will create a drastic count if it thinks you're wrong. Hope that's helped.

I do not understand what is so hard about "type what you see". These games are ridiculous. Just follow best practice and the rest will follow. The systems are intertwined and dependent upon each team doing their job without making it up as they go. Just stop this nonsense!!!! If your OH are incredibly high with no backroom locs perhaps there is an unlocated pallet. Alert the backroom, type in a zero and let the drastic count report show that somebody isn't doing their job so they can be retrained, coached, or fired. If you have never worked on the instocks team it might be best if you didn't make up advice to give to tm's. If you do work on the instocks team, do the training module and read the best practice. Sigh.

Wow, where the hell is your TL? You guys sound like you need retrained from the start to me....

You should always scan everything you are supposed to scan and enter how many you see... There are no tricks you have to do to make it work, its all automatic! Just scan and enter the number on the shelf and that is about it! I honestly didn't even really look that closely on the screen to whether it was backroom yes or no unless I saw a really large OH number... Target has it setup where the TMs should be scanning everything and then if something isn't right it will show on the reports for the TL to look at (Scans with Locs %, Drastic Count Changes, etc) so that he or she can fix the original errors... If you guys aren't scanning right, you are just covering up issues that need to be addressed!

This is from the TL. They don't understand how it works either. This is why I'm so confused. And we the TM's are the ones that do the drastic report, not the TL.

Can someone plz tell me what i have to do as a target backroom employee. plz i have work in a a couple. first day without training. I know i have to do sheduled cafs hourly. does this mean i have to pull and push the merchendise to the sales floor myself? what hours are cafs on?

Just key what you see. If the OHs are large or if it's an expensive item, (I want to say over $30 or maybe $50) the count will not change in the task list. In this situation the item will show up on drastic count and the TL should be looking into it. If you're in a stand-alone app then you need to be more thorough, but if you're in the task list then just key what you see. Any issues can then be made know on reports and addressed (and hopefully corrected).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back