Archived Anyone at your store get a lot of red cards?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can confirm, do kiss some cashier ass.

They make my life a LOT easier.

Yes, by having lots of friends, family members, and friends of family members.
They requisition lunch for them and magically find spare hours to schedule them.

Do you give them any sort of incentive?
Does not getting performanced out count as incentive?

My top performers get more stable schedules, more hours, and relatively inexpensive requisitions on occasion. I try to learn what everyone likes and recognize them in ways I know they appreciate. My top of the top loves just getting high fives, a walkie shout out, and a genuine thank you and great job.

Extra breaks. Free drinks. It really sucks for people who come in and do a stellar job not on checklane. Because the receiver has little chance to get a red card.

We have one cashier than consistently gets two or three times more RCs than anyone else, and management loves her. She wasn't a cashier originally, but she was moved there because of her ability to get so many RCs. I asked her how she does it, and all she said is that she prays before she comes to work. Unfortunately, that advice doesn't really help me.

I pray that I will get my 2nd break.

That works about half the time... figures.

One of ours got nine red cards today. She trained me for cashier and told me she only ask for people spending more than 100 dollars. For those that do she slows things down and only ask them so her pitch is more effective. When you ask every single customer you usually loose your oomph.

I told my cashier friend a tip for getting redcards easier - tell people the dollar amount they would save using redcard. She consistently gets 2-4 a shift now compared to 1-3 before.

I personally hate all the redcard incentives. I get a reward for doing my job it's called a paycheck and not getting fired. Cashiers are the only ones at least here that are getting prizes for working yes o know being on a lane sucks I used to cashier but I didn't get an extra break or lunch when I get screamed at for us not having coke icee or doing more than double our monthly goal in recoveries.

We have a very loud Spanish woman who basically harnesses people to get red cards at guest service. She is treated like a queen by the lods and gets to work 8-4:30 mon - fri and no weekends. Because of this she is on a high horse and acts like the service desk is her personally property. Anyone who does something she doesn't like at guest service and you will be confronted by her. Can not stand her.

One of ours got nine red cards today. She trained me for cashier and told me she only ask for people spending more than 100 dollars. For those that do she slows things down and only ask them so her pitch is more effective. When you ask every single customer you usually loose your oomph.
Asking every time definitely ruins my morale, but I've found that telling the people the dollar amount they'll save doesn't help, whether they're spending $60 or $400. Getting someone to sign up seems totally random, so the more people you ask, the greater the chances of finding someone who's interested.
I personally hate all the redcard incentives. I get a reward for doing my job it's called a paycheck and not getting fired. Cashiers are the only ones at least here that are getting prizes for working yes o know being on a lane sucks I used to cashier but I didn't get an extra break or lunch when I get screamed at for us not having coke icee or doing more than double our monthly goal in recoveries.
Getting an extra break seems unfair, and my store doesn't do that, but I understand the prizes. Promising rewards is a good motivator.

We had a TM who got 250 in a year. STL, ETLs, and the district manager were very happy.
Problem was that the TM kept giving away too much stuff to guests to sign up....also the TM gave 40% or more off of a bill to get a guest to sign up.

It took quite awhile before the TM was fired. The STL couldn't keep turning his head the other way any longer...calls to the Integrity Hotline and emails sent to the district manager as well as to the STL....kind of forced the STL to fire the TM.

So, too many RedCards can become a problem.

We have a couple teenagers who used to get around 4 redcards per shift, then when it was slower and they got sent to do reshop they decided they wanted to do sales floor, but they would only get cashier shifts because they were good at getting redcards. So they stopped asking all together and now they're mostly sales floor and call in whenever they have cashier shifts. Now the other cashiers who want to be both sales floor and cashier but still get redcards are pissed because the other two got what they wanted by not doing what they're supposed to do. It's a fun time at the front end right now.

My store will sometimes say that if you get a redcard you get and extra 15 and the LOD will zone or cashier for you while you're gone.

When I started, I'd get almost 4 a day. Now I get 3 or 4 a month.

We have two cashiers who pretty much carry the rest of the front end. From what I've seen, they just ask each person three times.

In return, they are given consistent 40 hour, M-F schedules.

We have one cashier than consistently gets two or three times more RCs than anyone else, and management loves her. She wasn't a cashier originally, but she was moved there because of her ability to get so many RCs. I asked her how she does it, and all she said is that she prays before she comes to work. Unfortunately, that advice doesn't really help me.
I'm dying laughing right now!!!!

We have one that gets a ton.. I've heard from multiple people, including a close friend, that they get them via sketchy methods.

Last edited:
We have one guy who gets 5-6 every day...but it's anyone's guess as to how many of them are legitimate and/or completely honest. I know of at least two investigations that were opened on him that ended as inconclusive, one for Social Security Number fraud and one for lying to the guests about the Credit Red Card. Neither could be proven though.
We have another lady that generally gets 2-3 per 8 hour shift, is 100% honest about it, and is pissed that the ETL-GE loves the shady guy.

My very best cashier gets around five to seven a day, totally legitimately, just by being super friendly, making eye contact, and asking everyone. While I wouldn't say I kiss ass, I do express my appreciation for her hard work, as well as the other top performers', in REDcards, speed, and great guest service.

For REDcard recognition I typically do high fives, get the other cashiers to cheer and clap, and tell them personally how grateful I am. When the team makes goal or is pushing really hard I'll buy candy/drinks/snacks for everyone. When we're really hurting for them, provided LOD approves it, we'll offer individuals Starbucks/icees/$5 movies/extra breaks.

The person who gets the most red cards in my store is manipulating and lying to get them.
There have been a few complaints but I think they're more concerned with meeting goals than with tricking little old ladies.

We have a few. They get their asses kissed and the ones who don't get redcards get stressed tf out by the front end leadership. Then they turn into assholes.

Speaking of which, we have one newish cashier who is literally begging people. He keeps telling them "yea they want me to get 2 sign ups and I leave in a couple hours, but I don't have any yet..." In this whiny sad voice and I hate hearing it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back