Archived Anyone else encountering angry guests when...

Status
Not open for further replies.
they ask and you have to tell them that all the Halloween clearance is gone? One lady even said "Well, thats what I get for having a job!" I wonder if she would really rather not have that valuable job so that she could buy some cheap candy...

i haven't had that but I did have a guest angry at me that i wouldn't GIVE her the candy so she could "donate" it to the food bank. This guest is always trying to get a "deal" and i'm pretty positive she wasn't going to donate it. She was very upset that we would not help out our community by giving her this candy so i politely explained to her that we do donate to the food bank weekly and made sure i smiled sweetly and thanked her to being concerned with our community and wanting to help. She huffed and puffed and left without buying anything! Gave me a good laugh!

Last year on Halloween night there was a guest that came in and was shocked and surprised that our Halloween stuff wasn't on clearance yet.....after all, THIS is the holiday!

We actually had someone put a whole bunch of market candy (M&Ms to be precise) in seasonal when it had dropped to 50%. We had to give that to the guests but I'm almost positive that it got moved right after that.

i haven't had that but I did have a guest angry at me that i wouldn't GIVE her the candy so she could "donate" it to the food bank. This guest is always trying to get a "deal" and i'm pretty positive she wasn't going to donate it. She was very upset that we would not help out our community by giving her this candy so i politely explained to her that we do donate to the food bank weekly and made sure i smiled sweetly and thanked her to being concerned with our community and wanting to help. She huffed and puffed and left without buying anything! Gave me a good laugh!
Yeh, except that all the food pantries/banks in our area do NOT accept candy donations because it has no nutritional value & could wind up deing donated to a household that has a diabetic.
Which is why it ends up in bowls in our breakroom.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back