Anyone else feeling overworked?

How long is your shift? That really doesn't sound all that stressful to me, especially when you're dropping off bulk furniture for someone else to deal with. Seems pretty routine.
It's a full shift. 12AM-8AM (7.35hrs)
The only thing I don't have to deal with anymore is backstocking furniture in "containers" as my store no longer does that routine anymore.

Last edited:
If you're working overnight it's stressful. That schedule wears on your mind, body, and spirit. It also means it's a high volume store..
The outside of work life schedule, maybe stressful working overnights. But, those duties listed and a full shift to do them...I can't say that constitutes as overworked.

Overburdened and not supported for sure.
Responsibilities, tasks and expectations being added everyday while hours being cut.

There was a time that if I did not take breaks, worked through lunch, stayed 3 hours after punched out and took all planning home I could keep the team above water - but now we can’t even finish half of what we should even after doing all that extra.

I have a list of tasks for each day and then make a plan for weekly work - between back-up cashier, questions from all directions, guest assistance, problem solving emergencies and doing whatever is given throughout the day - I never get past the daily tasks anymore. Very de-moralizing. I’ve given up trying, which lead to getting even LESS done.
This, constitutes as "overworked".

Low volume store - plans in place to overnight for last 2 months of year.

biggest problem is : anyone GM that doesn’t WANT to go overnight will be replaced. New hires for all GM positions that are not willing.

Job choices: Cashier or fulfillment dayside - GM overnight.

Tough decision for a lot of GM tm’s.

Low volume store - plans in place to overnight for last 2 months of year.

biggest problem is : anyone GM that doesn’t WANT to go overnight will be replaced. New hires for all GM positions that are not willing.

Job choices: Cashier or fulfillment dayside - GM overnight.

Tough decision for a lot of GM tm’s.
Damn. Q4 Overnight Fulfillment is where it's at.

Damn. Q4 Overnight Fulfillment is where it's at.
Fulfillment doesn’t need to choose - there will be dayside AND overnight fulfillment so those that want to are as fine as those that don’t.
Agree doing the work is easier without guests but sleeping during the day, up all night and driving to and from work in the dark is not so great.

I never see SFS people, I forget they exist, lol. They're like the mole people at my store. If you don't go in the backroom you never seen them.
Really? You don't see them picking on the floor? That's weird. I love most of our fulfillment team. I say most because we just list a handful to school and out of state moves and I don't know their replacements well. Fulfillment lead is one of my favorite peers. But then again, my style team works pretty close with fulfillment to try and minimize INF.

Really? You don't see them picking on the floor? That's weird. I love most of our fulfillment team. I say most because we just list a handful to school and out of state moves and I don't know their replacements well. Fulfillment lead is one of my favorite peers. But then again, my style team works pretty close with fulfillment to try and minimize INF.
I mean I see FF people but not enough to remember them that well unless they're at GS, since I work front-end. And when I do it's almost always the same 10 people.

why would you need overnight fufillment/ noonepicks up orders at 1-5 am even when walmarts were 24 hrs
It's easier to pick orders when the store isn't open. People might not order in the middle of the night, but we still get orders before then that we don't have due that night. So if you can start the day ahead of the game, it makes the rest of the day go smoother. Also a good boost for productivity

Back