Archived Anyone else get prepaid that do not work in your area?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all

Our store has a problem with getting Net 10 prepaid phones that can not be activated by our guests once purchased. It seems, as though we are getting phones that run off of the T-Mobile or Sprint Network (don't offer service here), instead of phones that use the AT&T or Verizon Network. Anyone else have this problem? Also anyone know of any way to tell which network a phone will run off of before we run into this problem again? I would like to know after the new POG for this gets set, as to whether to send to MySupport or not.

IMO, this is a problem that is out of your hands.

That is something that will have to be addressed by Net10/TracFone, Target Corp, and the major cellular carriers. If Net10 does not have agreements to use the cellular towers in your general area, then Net10 needs to pull their phones from Target shelves.

I would suggest telling guests to check Net10 coverage before purchasing. I never heard great stuff about Tracfone and Net10. The major carriers' pre-paid services (AT&T, Verizon, and Virgin) are all pretty good.

IMO, this is a problem that is out of your hands.

That is something that will have to be addressed by Net10/TracFone, Target Corp, and the major cellular carriers. If Net10 does not have agreements to use the cellular towers in your general area, then Net10 needs to pull their phones from Target shelves.

I would suggest telling guests to check Net10 coverage before purchasing. I never heard great stuff about Tracfone and Net10. The major carriers' pre-paid services (AT&T, Verizon, and Virgin) are all pretty good.

The problem is not with Net10 or Tracfone, as they offer phones that run on the major carriers' networks (AT&T, Sprint, T-Mobile, and Verizon), depending on the market. Rather the problem is that we are getting phones that run on the Sprint Network (don't offer service here), instead of phones that run the Verizon Network.

Was told to look at the network code located in the bottom left hand corner of the package, as it indicates network type used (GSM or CDMA) and then carrier network used (A-AT&T, T-T-Mobile, S-Sprint, or V-Verizon). Problem is that none of our packages list the single letter carrier code. They only list the network type code.

Would also note that we got price accuracy Virgin iPhones that run on the Sprint Network, although these items are not show on the paper POG. We did not however get any of these phones, but was told by MySupport to send to CRC if we had any.

We had this problem for years (only ATT and Verizon offer coverage here) we had boost, virgin, nextel, maybe a few others im forgetting and would constantly send it up to corp. they finally got rid of them a couple years ago so now we just have ATT, Verizon, and Tracfone (still carry cards for the rest and get phones in on occasion)

I did finally find some information on this at prepaidphonenews.com ( http://www.prepaidphonenews.com/2011/12/how-to-get-tracfone-net10-or-straight.html ). It of course tells me to look at the network code on the front, as I stated above and in some cases this does help. In others I have to look at the product number near the UPC and if it contains P4, P5, or P5P if works for AT&T or P4, R5, P5P its T-Mobile. Just glad they did not send us any Brightspot stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back