Archived Anyone else got a "Tax Free Weekend" coming up?

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is my first "Tax Holiday" weekend with Target. What can I expect?

Not in my state!!!! Sooo happy because the state I moved from had tax free weekend and it sucked! ,...... We do however have a back to college busing event on its way!!!

Yeh, we got tax-free coming up & it's everybody in the pool.
Be interesting to see how many call-outs we get.

Ours was the 3rd thru the 5th of Aug and it was my 6th (7th if you count my year at Kohls). I only had 1 day on register this year with the other 2 on the sf so it wasn't as bad. Other years we'd have people arguing that everything was supposed to be tax free even when we showed them the printouts from our state's department of revenue.

ours is this entire week...gone from one weekend to 2 to the entire week. Dang, I have probably outed myself. Anyway it isn't all that different for the weekends and I was in there today to shop for groceries and it looked to be about usual.

This is my first "Tax Holiday" weekend with Target. What can I expect?

CHAOS.

When I worked tax-free weekend, we had that around the same time we had back to college for the like, 9 universities in the area, making us one of the freaky-store categories (I forget which one). It was horrible.

We had outs last month. Without saying EXACTLY what state I live in though, I can say it wasn't that busy because it was right before the 1st of August, so the people on welfare in the area didn't have any money to spend. Last weekend though, the 4th and 5th were AWFUL because school started that week. We ended up having to leave around 14 carts of unsorted reshop that night just to get out on time.

Other years we'd have people arguing that everything was supposed to be tax free even when we showed them the printouts from our state's department of revenue.

We have guests argue all the time about clothes being "tax-free". In my state clothes are exempt from sales tax, but not from our county taxes.

Not in my state!!!! Sooo happy because the state I moved from had tax free weekend and it sucked! ,...... We do however have a back to college busing event on its way!!!

My store has the busing event too! Thankfully, I will be out of town that Saturday, but Sunday will be hell squared...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back