Archived Anyone else having printer jams with label paper?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our printer has been jamming when we print labels for well over a year now. At first I thought it was just our store/printer, but after a little asking around it seems that we are not the only store to have this problem.

Anyone else having trouble with the label printer jamming? Just curious if it is widespread or if just the local stores near me are having the problem. Seems that we are wasting as much label paper as we use with mis-prints and jams.

The other stores I have asked about this all thought it was just them that had the problem.

Last edited:
I'm not sure about labels, as I rarely print them and when I do I haven't had a problem. However, I print signs quite often. And let me tell you, I'll print around 20 signs, and the printer will jam at least 3 times. It's very frustrating, and there have been times when it has jammed so badly that no one can fix it, and we have to wait all day till either our SFT comes in and fixes it, or we get a printer technician in.

Honestly, I think that the printers are just crappy, or the paper is too thick and jams easily.

Portable printer printing labels, just clean the heads. On signing printer, it can't handle pictures or special font on 3 x 5's. We are getting a new printer because our old one is dying according to the tech.
Because the fuser area is clogging up the ink to the paper.

It's completely terrible. We do alright with signs, but if you're printing any more than one page of labels, forget it. The pages stick together and the printer immediately gets jammed.

have been since they changed the adhesive labels.they changed suppliers or vendors for it at least a year ago. mysupported it about a year ago, all they asked me to do was to send them a few sheets. if this is happening to a lot of people we all need to mysupport it, so they can make it a global issue. either changed vendors for it again, of fix the printers. price accuracy, only puts in 3 or 4 sheets at a time, so they don't have to go back and reprint page after page.

i don't usually have many or any issues with the card stock, and it is twice as heavy as the adhesive labels. but the labels won't separate. i was told to flip then end for end and that should work. NOT, then make sure i am flipping thru them before i put them in there to make sure they are not stuck together, that should work. NOT. tried everything and still they don't want to do anything, they say i am the only one that is having this problem.

Ok, sounds like this is a widespread issue.

I have sent a couple mysupport messages about it when it first started and got the run around. I agree that it is the new label paper they switched to last year. I guess if we all start to send my support issues about it then maybe someone will listen.

Target may be saving a little money on this label paper, but for every case we use, we waste just as much.

Dear God in heaven YES. I HATE our printer with a fiery passion! I want to go all Office Space on it and smash it into a million pieces with baseball bats!

The adhesive labels are the worst. They are staticy and stick together and jam the stupid thing. The regular non-adhesive ones run through great. Even the backroom location labels jam! *frustrated scream* :dash1:

I have mysupported it before. These labels got so jammed that when i pulled out the paper one stuck to the rollers and I couldn't get the damn thing apart to get it off. Then, a piece on the back broke so i had to tape it back together. Then it broke for good, and when i put in a work order request they sent a new printer/part and the stupid tech put it in TSC instead of the fixture room! And our signing girl even told them it was for the signs & labels PC! :dash1:

This printer can DIE for all I care!

I'm pretty sure that I've sent it up before, but I can do it again on Saturday when I'm back in.
keep telling everyone, have your ptl and your pa and you and anyone from other stores too. if it is just here and there, they won't do anything about it.

Ours were jamming so bad we got new printers.

Did that help you at all?

We had our printer replaced earlier this year and it did not make any difference. The problem is the label paper itself. The old stuff had the labels go all the way to the edge of the sheet, with the new stuff there is a small gap where you have no label and it is just the peel off backing that shows. The backing is slick and it gets caught in the wheels of the printer very easily.

Did that help you at all?

We had our printer replaced earlier this year and it did not make any difference. The problem is the label paper itself. The old stuff had the labels go all the way to the edge of the sheet, with the new stuff there is a small gap where you have no label and it is just the peel off backing that shows. The backing is slick and it gets caught in the wheels of the printer very easily.

So far so good! :) The new labels really did kill our old printers.

It's just with the sticky labels use nonstick The repair guy said something about humidity and the sticky stuff...idk I only half paid attention half planned out how I was going to do Plano work without printing labels

Our sticky labels always stick together. We sometimes just put one sheet at a time, especially when you have to print a lot of labels. Price change team always get paper jams with the multitude of labels they need to print.

Same here. Price Change has to feed the printer 2 or 3 pages of adhesive labels at a time. Regular labels work fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back