Archived Anyone else rarely see there team leaders while at work?

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I work 6 hour shifts I think I only see my team leaders about 3-4 times in a 6 hour period

If I'm cashing, I see one GSTL at least once a week and the other one rarely (she usually switches shifts when it's her weekend to close), but I've been working with the same GSA for the majority of my shifts lately.

If I'm in Hardlines, I see one SrTL at least once a week, the other SrTL only when it's his weekend to close, two of the TLs at least once a week, and the other TL only when it's his closing weekend.

If you close a lot, you can miss TLs a lot.

That being said, I know how to get my job done without supervision, and while some guidance can be helpful, I never need a TL down my back to feel the need to perform at a high level. So I think it's a good thing they're not around half the time, ha. Although it's nice to have them around to shake up the TMs who won't work unless a TL is on them.

Out of four team leaders that we've had since pfresh opened at my store, only two made their presence known throughout my 8 hour shifts by helping us out on the floor. The last two would only come out once or twice then hide in TSC doing their "reports" instead of being hands on.

My Flow TLs I guess I can say their the good 1nes out of the bunch once the trucks are done they are out on the floor usually helping in multiple ways due to being understaffed

I get calls from just about all of them that are on deck usually at least once a day more often three of four times.
It would be pure joy to go a day without seeing a TL or ETL all day.
I might get my work done.

I am purposely put on the schedule when there isn't a TL most of the time...that will change I am sure when I move completely over to my brand area. So, I see one TL in passing and the other on her closing night unless it is their weekend to close. I am put on the schedule basically as a pseudo TL and most of the rest of the closing team members see me as a TL (their words, I promise) so it works out for the LOD's to have me there and not have to pay me the bigger bucks. :)

we are C volume and we usually have he TL's as openers and everyone else as closers, weekends we have mids so the TL's will only see their team when they either close or mid. I see everyone and their mother as i decided to close 2 nights a week so that I can be HR for everyone and provide support help.

All of our TL's ( except pricing, plano, flow and backroom) close one night a week, in addition they work every other weekend, one weekend open and one weekend close. They also have to close one Friday a month. We are included in the zone and rarely have time to sit at TSC doing any kind of reports. I would love to be able to just sit around and I cant imagine not seeing my team. We do the break and lunch schedule and if we have only a few closing team members we do a wave zone through the store.

who? no - thankfully, she just gives me a headache and a bad feeling in the pit of my stomach

When I work 6-8 hr shifts, theres some i see once every hour ( if even that) while others are breathing down my neck every five minutes (literally)

I rarely see them. Maybe once every other week? It just varies by what department I'm in. I always see our softlines TL when I'm scheduled.

I really don't care how many times I see a TL in a single day, be it 1 or 60. I just do my work and only need to see a TL if I have an issue to bring up. Otherwise I just don't care and wish other team members do the same.

I used to think the same thing when I was a TM. What you fail to understand until your a TL (and im sure the same goes for ETL) is that there is so much pointless paperwork, computer work, planning, etc. that aside from mid-day/closing zone, setting SPL's, and huddles you shouldnt see your TL on the floor. Not to mention all the walks, statusing, and meetings that steal our attention. Im not sure if you asked this in the sense that you never see your TL because they never work but if so I can assure theres alot behind the scene that TM's are completely ignorant to. Think of it this way, if you never see your TL you are likely doing your job correctly.

ha - i work the same shift as my TL and there are times i see them at the time clock to start the day and then not again until the same time the next day.....assuming everyone is on ti me....

sounds like u guys have bad tl. statuses are quarterly, reviews yearly, walks weekly shouldn't take longer than 15 minutes, the biweekly tl meetings should only last an hour. i print every report in my workcenter, delegate the weeks workload, check/send emails, status with the tl im mentoring, etc. and im on the floor with my team 90% of the time. it sucks that you guys don't see your tl, although i understand on the sales floor the scheduling is sporadic.
the first few weeks i took over, i actually monitored my time and kept up with it to make sure i was spending quality time with each tm and the team overall. i feel really bad when im not out there. my biggest gripe is the dayside huddles. my etl said i needed to attend at least one a week to keep everyone up to date and do recognition. but man, those things are an hour long. we run through our stuff in five minutes when we huddle unless there's some huge new focus we need to train on. don't miss it at all!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back