Archived Anyone else taking a truck on the 4th of July?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure why everyone is shocked and disgusted at taking a truck on the 4th. Besides that, the 4th falls on a Monday and I'm pretty sure 90% of the municipalities in America are going to hold celebrations on the 2nd and the 3rd, because that would be the non-idiotic thing to do. Most people are not going to have a FOJ cookout on a Monday, that's kind of silly.

Your truck is loaded and forecasted far ahead of time, if you didn't take your truck on the day you're supposed it, it would cost Target a shitload of money in extra transportation, storage, and labor.

We have a truck every day of the year except Thanksgiving/Black Friday, Christmas, Easter, and the night of our RGIS inventory (though that may change since we're not overnight year-round anymore).

I got lucky this year because the 4th falls on a Monday (I don't close on Mondays because of my other job) and my other work is closed for the holiday. Last year sucked because it was on a Saturday.

I would be hot line calling. That is looking like we want to not pay holiday pay. Cause at least for me way outside my availability.

I considered that, but I'm the only one on my team who wasn't okay with taking the day off and I don't want anyone to assume it was me who made the call. They say they don't retaliate, but the last time I took up an issue I was having with HR, my hours got cut in half for three weeks straight...so I tend to keep quiet now. Because I've got bills to pay :-/

I just checked the forecast tool and it's saying we're taking a C&S truck on July 4th

We're also taking a truck just like a normal day. All of us are scheduled to leave at 1130 anyway

Anyone working the morning is basically fine for the 4th. Its the people who get stuck working at night til 10 or 11 it really sucks for.

No it really sucks for anyone with pets, children and is trying to sleep through the sound of a fucking war zone. Or the complete lack of sleep for anyone who will be up all night keeping watch so my or their house don't burn to the ground from all the assholes who use the night to recreate favorite war in the street and air. Amateur pyrotechnics artists who have no respect for their neighbors so I have to pray my car isn't destroyed by falling projectiles or at the least the paint isn't ruined like last year. Then I get to drive through the mess they leave cause they can't be bothered to clean up after themselves and I get to clean I up after working all day.

No it really sucks for anyone with pets, children and is trying to sleep through the sound of a fucking war zone. Or the complete lack of sleep for anyone who will be up all night keeping watch so my or their house don't burn to the ground from all the assholes who use the night to recreate favorite war in the street and air. Amateur pyrotechnics artists who have no respect for their neighbors so I have to pray my car isn't destroyed by falling projectiles or at the least the paint isn't ruined like last year. Then I get to drive through the mess they leave cause they can't be bothered to clean up after themselves and I get to clean I up after working all day.

I was talking about people complaining about working ON the 4th during the morning. I have to be at work at 6am tuesday and work 6-2pm Monday. Also have 2 cats and an older dog. I mean WTF do people expect that you guys can just get special treatment and have BOTH Monday and Tuesday off?

Cant wait to see how many people are going to mysteriously get "sick" at my store on either of those days, its going to be so fun being responsible and actually being there and having to make up for it.

BTW I agree with your post and am not saying any of the above really in response to you just to the topic of working on the 4th and 5th in general.

Last edited:
I was talking about people complaining about working ON the 4th during the morning. I have to be at work at 6am tuesday and work 6-2pm Monday. Also have 2 cats and an older dog. I mean WTF do people expect that you guys can just get special treatment and have BOTH Monday and Tuesday off?

Cant wait to see how many people are going to mysteriously get "sick" at my store on either of those days, its going to be so fun being responsible and actually being there and having to make up for it.

BTW I agree with your post and am not saying any of the above really in response to you just to the topic of working on the 4th and 5th in general.

Agreed it was where I coming from as well. I would like to offer cheese for all the whining I am hearing. Why I needed the rant above. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back