Archived Anyone ever try to call Tracfone customer service for a guest?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The above is why we SHOULDNT do something like that. Target isnt paying you to activate a guests phone even if it fits the spirit of the vibe
Target doesn't pay for a lot of things we're expected to do for guests. If that were the case, I'd be getting paid for electronics, instocks, pog, and backroon since I have to do all those things.

I had to call them last week for a guest that updated her flip phone and it took me almost 40 minutes on hold, of course I had my ETL cover the area so I can tend to this one guest, but never again will I spend that kind of time doing so. If you have a mobile rep, leave it to them to do those calls for you so you can keep working on your tasks. But as to what you asked I just kept giving wrong info to the automated system and it pushed me to a live person to take the call.

Regardless of opinion, it would make Target liable. As a contracted employee of Target, you are handling the personal property belonging to someone else without either party signing a release contract. If anything goes wrong, Target is held responsible as a result of your actions. That is why there is a policy against team members handling property belonging to guests.
Pretty sure this is why we can't mess with watches anymore. Too many guests were bringing in their personal, non-Target watches and claiming TMs who changed a battery or watch band broke it and demanded money to replace the (assumedly expensive) watch.

Yep...also T-mobile, Microsoft, etc...If I have the opportunity, I always try to go above and beyond and help the guest out if they're having issues with a phone/card. But when it's a Target.com issue, 90% of the time I write the phone number down and let the guest handle it themselves. Target.com is consistently no fucking help at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back