Archived Anyone here have to take a Inventory Prep Test?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had to take one last week for some reason. I assuming this is just something only Br/Flow has to deal with or is every workcenter taking it?

the only test i've taken was for pfresh, food ave, photo, inventory, it is the TINV in RFApps that we as Target does.

Never taken a prep test for the yearly inventory that RGIS is doing next week.

the only test i've taken was for pfresh, food ave, photo, inventory, it is the TINV in RFApps that we as Target does.

Never taken a prep test for the yearly inventory that RGIS is doing next week.
Just the one for food inventory here too.

Never took the test; just got thrown into it one yr when both TLs were out because they'd posted the wrong date.

I believe it was something new. Our inventory was in September and that was the first time I ever had to do it.

It goes over what you need to do for backroom prep. Things like use of deep stickers, marking quantities on casepacks, and creating count sheets for assortment and/or transition pallets.

Been through inventory twice. There was a bit more explanation this year than last year, but not much. Certainly no tests. There was a laminated poster put up in the back room about a month prior to inventory, but to my knowledge no TL ever took the time to go over it with the back room TMs.

I've never taken a test before salesfloor or market inventory.

Not sure exactly what you're referring to. I know Inventory best practice/process guide states that the inventory leader has to take a pre-inventory prep test. I assume that wasn't you. TM's involved with backroom prep are also supposed to complete backroom prep training on the computer. Is that what you had to do? I know, I recently ran our inventory, and I made sure the BR TM's involved in backroom prep completed the training.

I haven't had an inventory prep test last year when I worked overnight for it.

This year, nothing. Not working inventory night.

We did it this year because our inventory last year was a complete cluster f*ck... Instead of opening boxes that were open but back stocked as casepacks and actually confirming how many were in the box they just circled the count on the Pic label. All the casepacks were done this way instead of writing big numbers and circling them. And the people in charge of backroom prep missed cosmetics entirely until the day before inventory.. Yeah that was fun 12hr day for me, how many bottles of nail polish can you rubber band together? Hundreds easy..

So new leaders this year and they were not going to repeat mistakes from last year.... And they didn't, backroom had it together. Sales floor not so much. Like not getting the "Do Not Inventory" Stickers on displays.. Tubs of displays ripped down by these idiots... And when they went through shoes. They took open stock shoes scanned it and then tossed them on the floor.. :mad:

They tossed a entire metro of food on the dairy cooler floor after they finished with it. I called an LOD and showed them their handy work.

Last edited:
While I haven't heard anything on this inventory test, I have heard that RGIS is getting sloppy. All they care about are their scan numbers and won't manually type in SKU checks. We're just under our 6 week mark and I'm starting to get nervous. I've even started throwing out little inventory tidbits, at huddle, so everyone can hopefully be proactive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back