Archived Anyone part of a store piloting the new Beacons?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I noticed the latest Target app update on my phone wanted permission to use my location at all times, even when not using the app.

I agree with @anonymousflowmember. Seems too niche right now. Maybe 10 years from now this kind of thing will be normal.

I don't think my store is, but I remember a month or two ago at a huddle they mentioned Guests being able to request assistance in the store eventually using the Target app. I groaned at the thought of it considering we're missing so many call buttons already.

Sounds neat ;) I already noticed the app knows when I'm near a Target store (GPS pretty simple I guess).

I noticed the latest Target app update on my phone wanted permission to use my location at all times, even when not using the app.

I agree with @anonymousflowmember. Seems too niche right now. Maybe 10 years from now this kind of thing will be normal.

Cartwheel notifies me about coupons when I get to work. I'm okay with that (it can be turned off) because I always forget cartwheel but this beacon thing sounds so annoying.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back