Archived AP/Guest Service question regarding returns on a Red card debit card.

Status
Not open for further replies.

xxTheDudexx

Front of Store Attendant
I'm just curious if any of you have had this situation. I have notified AP about this individual, but it all seems so legit so I'm trying to figure out why this is happening. We have this one guest that comes in to return stuff all of the time. It's always expensive stuff, like a vacuum cleaner, a camera, a laptop computer, a really expensive mixer, or a lens for a camera. Usually in the amount of 100 if not 200 or more dollars. She buys this crap at another Target in our area, then returns it at our store always with some long drawn out story. She isn't coupon scamming because there are never any on the receipt. I have checked her stuff every time to make sure serial numbers match, and everything is there. She has a Debit card with us, and always wants the refund in cash. I found out from one of my fellow team members at Guest Service that she works at a local Walmart. It's just really fishy that she is buying high ticket items and returning them for cash. She is in our store almost every day. It's been going on for months. AP isn't doing anything about it, anybody have any ideas?

My guess is she is just doing it for the cash...but doing that on a daily basis instead of going to your bank/an ATM seems like an awful lot of extra work. That or she's taking the stuff out of the boxes and putting in other stuff and resealing them. Have you had any guests complain about fraudulent/non-existent products?

Last edited:
My guess is she is just doing it for the cash...but doing that on a daily basis instead of going to your bank/an ATM seems like an awful lot of extra work. That or she's taking the stuff out of the boxes and putting in other stuff and revealing them. Have you had any guests complain about fraudulent/non-existent products?
As I'm not at Guest Service all of the time, no. There was, however one complaint on a 200 dollar mixer in the box that was the wrong color. Given the number of stores she's been to and team members involved in her returns.... I don't know what to make of it.

If its usually high end merchandise, she is buying at one store then returning it to yours, and she works at Walmart. She might be Comp Shopping. Buying the stuff at one Target, taking in the receipts/item to compare with her stores, then returning it back to another Target store.

Plus, she is smart to never want to return funds back on her Red Card, when it can take a long time to refund back to the account.

I would have one of your Electronic TL/TMs or your AP to verify contents of the items. That will probably bug her enough not to come to your store again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back