Archived AP Stops..

Status
Not open for further replies.

paidtosmile

Former Team Leader
So as a few of you might know, I've been trying to get into AP again.. I'm not a very bulky person, and was just wondering if that's a key component in being in AP (Specifically an APL/APTL.) Handling irate guests isn't a problem for me, and I have no issue coming between the guest and the exit and stopping them. Using some force isn't a concern, but I'm a pretty small guy and if things got hairy I could get whipped around pretty easily..

I guess my question is, would that stop an APBP/STL from offering me an APS or APTL position?

Pretty much every AP person I've seen in my district is stick-like. I suspect you will be fine.

I don't think it's size so much as how cool you are under pressure.
One of the most bad ass bouncers I know is only 5' 6" and weighs about 125.
He can stare down people a foot taller than him and lock down troublemakers so fast they don't know what hit them.
Just show them you have the knowledge and skills.
You should be fine.

No, that won't stop you from either being hired into or succeeding in AP. It's much more about your ability to deescalate situations, and although I've heard smaller APs complain that they may be shown less respect at times on stops than larger APs, it's not really a concern, and an APBP/DTL/HRBP would never hold it against you when considering hiring you.

So as a few of you might know, I've been trying to get into AP again.. I'm not a very bulky person, and was just wondering if that's a key component in being in AP (Specifically an APL/APTL.) Handling irate guests isn't a problem for me, and I have no issue coming between the guest and the exit and stopping them. Using some force isn't a concern, but I'm a pretty small guy and if things got hairy I could get whipped around pretty easily..

I guess my question is, would that stop an APBP/STL from offering me an APS or APTL position?

it depends on what your AP team is looking for. as most people have already stated a lot of AP gals/girls are smaller physiques.

Personally, I feel being smaller is quite advantageous. You can move around swifter, hide under more shit, and people will be more lax, therefore more likely to screw up, when they see someone they believe to be as physically inferior.

i was a TPS for over a year and i'm a hoss. you could spot me across the store even if i was hiding in the bathroom. i got a shit ton of PMRs because people would see me and immediately dump their shit.

but you said "trying to get into AP again"... does that mean you were formerly AP or it's attempt #2 to try to get into AP?

No size does not matter. AP is not all about making stops. You could never make a stop and you could do fine. (Might get harped on by leadership). Thats like rule #1 in a good running AP store. Operations first. Externals last.

it depends on what your AP team is looking for. as most people have already stated a lot of AP gals/girls are smaller physiques.

Personally, I feel being smaller is quite advantageous. You can move around swifter, hide under more shit, and people will be more lax, therefore more likely to screw up, when they see someone they believe to be as physically inferior.

i was a TPS for over a year and i'm a hoss. you could spot me across the store even if i was hiding in the bathroom. i got a shit ton of PMRs because people would see me and immediately dump their shit.

but you said "trying to get into AP again"... does that mean you were formerly AP or it's attempt #2 to try to get into AP?
OP reached out before (few months ago) at advice getting into a TL position.

OP reached out before (few months ago) at advice getting into a TL position.

I interviewed and passed for an APTL position that was supposed to be opening up (but didn't) back in January. There may be something opening up within my geographic limits again, hence attempt #2 haha

No size does not matter. AP is not all about making stops. You could never make a stop and you could do fine. (Might get harped on by leadership). Thats like rule #1 in a good running AP store. Operations first. Externals last.

This is actually EXACTLY why I want to be an APTL. Word for word what I told my STL and APBP when I talked to them about it, for the most part. All the operational shortage and partnerships between workcenters and leaders and being incredibly global.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back