Archived Applied for flow team, have second interview

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got a second interview coming up in a few days, which I'm happy about. But, I have a quick question about the first interview I did over the phone.

The guy told me all Target employees must be willing to work cashier if/when needed, among a few other things. I agreed to it, but was bummed to hear it. Is this just a formality or is there a real possibility of me ever working cashier when I applied to the flow team? Thanks for any info!

If your store is a low volume store, you may be needed at the lanes from time to time. If you'll be working overnight, then you shouldn't have to worry about it, but if it's early AM, then you'll definitely be trained on register.

i used to be on flow, but i now im in backroom, ive been there for 3 years now and i have NEVER touched a cash register, it all depends on where they put you.

Thanks all - hopefully I'll be good.

Also, if I were to get the job, can you wear jeans if they're khaki colored?

I had the most comfortable pair of khaki colored jeans. They were fine at my store. I was really bummed when they finally wore out. Had some khaki corduroy pants too. No one ever said a thing to me. Working on flow you're going to be moving a lot. Comfort is a must.

As far as cashiering goes, if your hr team member said that you'd be cashier trained then your store might utilize all teams for back up cashiering. My flow team only works the truck. No cashiering for them. Being able to cashier can be beneficial though. When trucks or hours get cut, cashier shifts are a great way to make up some missing pay. At my store, cashiers usually have some call outs and there are usually shifts available if you need to supplement your income.

If you're a 6AM process, it's possible. There may not be very many sales floor members so they can use flow as backup. It's not even a thought at my store but I could see it happen.

I wouldn't worry about it unless they try to schedule you cashier shifts.

Greetings and salutations.
You need to be prepared to work register but if you're working flow chances are you won't.
The khaki jeans should be good but...
Some stores have tougher codes than others.
You might be able to tell by reading some of the threads that things can vary a bit from store to store.
Wear them but keep a pair of regular khakis in the car just in case.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back