Archived Applied for TPS at my store, not sure what leadership will think

Status
Not open for further replies.

EagleEye

Executive Team Leader
I'm currently an Electronics TM and also on the Team Lead bench. Most of the stores in my area have had an org chart change so there are now a bunch of current TLs waiting for positions in other stores, which takes priority over me moving into a TL position.

Does anyone think this will hinder my chances at becoming TPS? I've worked pretty closely with our former TPS and ETLAP, and have been assisting our ETLAP with a few recoveries in the past week.

Also, will my current ETL and TL go behind the scenes and say I cannot transfer roles? I have 130ish % AAR year to date and have been a pretty driving force behind Electronics.

Interviews start Sunday, so I'm hoping I can snag this position!

Go for it! In my opinion TPS is the best position to be in and a truly unique position at target.

No to the first question and yes to the second if they want to keep you as their TM and assign you TL responsibilities. Don't let that stop you from going for it though. Maybe ETL AP knows how good you are and will stand up to them.

It's always best to have the support of your ETL. In the end, even if your are an 'outstanding' performing team member your ETL makes the decision to give you to another department, however, for TPS you still have to get interviewed by the ETL-AP or STL. Goodluck!

From my understanding, they can not keep you from a promotion based on previous performance being good. They can use that performance for basis on the promotion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back