Archived Applying for a "higher" position as TL

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am currently a Team lead, I applied for a position at Target HQ. And moving forward with my final interview. Something I didn't think about. Let's say I got the position, is there anything the will prevent from taking the position. Can my current store say no because there is no back fill to my current Team Lead Position?

But obviously I should mention to them I am going through the interview process or wait until it is all said and done?
I say wait until they want to make you an offer. It’s within the company and HQ outranks a store so there’s not much your store can do about it.

You should wait until you get an offer. From the business side most leaders would want you to tell them ASAP so they can start looking for your replacement. Even if you don't get an offer, they're going to look at you differently. For your own personal job security and to maintain those relationships it's better to wait and then give 2 week's notice if you get the offer. Basically, why bother rocking the boat if nothing may come of it?

That was what I was thinking too. Worried I wont get the job and and because they are made aware of it. They could retaliate by finding reasons to terminate me because I want to leave. Don't even know the policy for store level to corperate transfer.

As someone that has spent lots of time interviewing for many tech companies lately, I would highly recommend not disclosing that you're interviewing for anything. It's typically viewed as unprofessional. When/if you are offered a job, then go through the steps of resignation or promotion. This will limit any drama and this is the correct way to advance your career.

In an interview, it's alright to indicate that you are actively interviewing and that they are not the only interview you have had. However, it is considered unprofessional for them to ask who you are interviewing with or vice versa. I walked out of an interview in which the interviewer wanted to know exactly who else I had interviewed with...

As someone that has spent lots of time interviewing for many tech companies lately, I would highly recommend not disclosing that you're interviewing for anything. It's typically viewed as unprofessional. When/if you are offered a job, then go through the steps of resignation or promotion. This will limit any drama and this is the correct way to advance your career.

In an interview, it's alright to indicate that you are actively interviewing and that they are not the only interview you have had. However, it is considered unprofessional for them to ask who you are interviewing with or vice versa. I walked out of an interview in which the interviewer wanted to know exactly who else I had interviewed with...

I would agree with you but I would say the only exception would be interviewing for another position at Target. You will look foolish by both leaderships because the first thing theyll do is call up your ETL HR to ask how you are as an employee and your ETL is blinded.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back