Archived Are Food Ave contracts ASANTS?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rumors are they will announce the closure of cafe in AE 2018 but we will see!
Our starbucks just got a major reno because its the only one for miles around and we have an office building next to us. However, its most likely our fa will be just popcorn icee and hotdogs as its mostly sbux anyway

Our starbucks just got a major reno because its the only one for miles around and we have an office building next to us. However, its most likely our fa will be just popcorn icee and hotdogs as its mostly sbux anyway

Sounds like a good candidate for a drive thru to capture all of the office workers too lazy to run into Target!

Same situation but we are losing our cafe for a liquor area. I guess we shall see!

Liquor area adjacent to exit doors in many stores if that's true.

Lovely.

Sounds like a good candidate for a drive thru to capture all of the office workers too lazy to run into Target!
Actually because of the design of the store thats not possible. However, it is entirely possible that our FA could be converted to a express bakery because our grocery does 35% of our business. Between them, Beauty HBA, Chemical & paper pets you look at 65% of our business. We are basically a grocery store that ate a clothing store and a radio shack.

Pleasegodletcafepizzahutdie

I, for one, would like to see Carl’s jr move in.

But that will never happen.

I'm starting to wonder if that's why my store chose not to keep either of the seasonal Cafe workers we had, bc they might get rid of it. There are only three of us hired to work it now, and one of them can only work weekends.

I saw the Freshii in the Valencia, CA store. It was completely empty. I was sitting in the Starbucks for over an hour (very busy there BTW) and not a soul in Freshii.
If you are making minimum wage plus 50 cents, you cannot afford to eat there. Don't kid yourself. $8 lunch? (x 5 days a week x 4 weeks a month = $160 on lunches). You need to be spending $2-$4 a day on lunch at the pay most TM's get at Target.
...$8 is cheap. I usually expect to spend about $11 to $12 for a basic, cheap restaurant where I live.

Unless you live in Seattle, LA, SF, NYC, etc, 75% of the store is making less than $12 an hour before taxes. You can't spend 15% of your income on lunch.
We don't buy lunch from restaurants every day, or most days. We buy frozen stuff and put it in the microwave, or we bring food from home. You're right that we can't afford it. I'm just saying that $8 is cheap for a restaurant meal here. If I get a combo at Carl's Jr. pr Burger King, I expect to pay about $11, and that's my baseline for cheap lunch.

I also just might happen to live in one of the cities you listed...

Shouldn't you be on vacation, Stuff? Whaddya doing here? ;-)

Ah. How is Paris so far?
I dunno yet. Haven't done much. Got from the airport to my hostel, got a European sim installed in my phone which took, like, 2 hours because of lack of technical knowledge, then got food (the French attempt at tacos, and it was weird as hell), did some drinking at the hostel with a Zulu, two Algerians, and a Botswanan, then went to sleep.

I dunno yet. Haven't done much. Got from the airport to my hostel, got a European sim installed in my phone which took, like, 2 hours because of lack of technical knowledge, then got food (the French attempt at tacos, and it was weird as hell), did some drinking at the hostel with a Zulu, two Algerians, and a Botswanan, then went to sleep.

I was a Peace Corps volunteer at one point. This was one of the best things about that--everyone out of their "native" element and hanging out with people from places you wouldn't otherwise. It's a blast!

But enough with the off-topic. Glad you made it safely!

Put a subway in... I'll work it for my store if Subway found it's way into Target stores ;)

I used to be a closing team leader at a Subway.

Put a subway in... I'll work it for my store if Subway found it's way into Target stores ;)

I used to be a closing team leader at a Subway.

I'm not sure subway operate like Starbucks with target team members who can work Starbucks or on the floor.

When people work at the McDonald's at wal mart they are not walmart employees but work at McDonald's only.

I'm not sure subway operate like Starbucks with target team members who can work Starbucks or on the floor.

When people work at the McDonald's at wal mart they are not walmart employees but work at McDonald's only.

yeah that's how it was with subway at walmart too.

Screw subway, let's get a Target sandwich shop.

I would love for them to get rid the cafe if they put in a deli instead. Being able to build a sandwich or get nice, hot, warm deli macaroni and cheese at work is my dream. If I want those things I have to go to Walmart before work and bring it and it’s not the same

Target needs to get on Whole Foods level.

tmg-article_default_mobile;jpeg_quality=20.jpg

I'd love to have a salad bar. I want to eat more salads, I also need to work out much more. Target should just get a fitness center set up while they're at it. (just kidding)

Realistically how likely is it a store would contract an outside restraunt like mcdonalds or taco bell? I feel like all the rumors flying about my store are way over exaggerated. Someone even suggested putting in a buffet of sorts now THATS laughable given our vermin problem and the calls each month about cafe making people sick :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back