Answered Are managers allowed to watch the security cams?

Rumor has it management at my store uses the security cameras to watch employees and evaluate their performance, but I thought this was not allowed. Anyone know?

Your not supposed to coach off the camera. However, if you went to lunch at noon and 12:45 rounds around your no where to be found, im gonna ask AP to check the cameras. Ive had tms just chill in their car and respond to the radio like " im helpinga guest" ..what at kohl's because you ain't in this building.

Not supposed to coach off the cameras, but that’s not to say that it never happens.🤐 Leaders aren’t supposed to watch the cameras, but if AP is checking them and permits a leader to stand behind them and observe...😉

Are they allowed to? No. Does it happen? All the damn time. Spot is probably one of the scummiest places I've worked. If you think your job is secure, think again. I don't care who you are or how well you do your job.

Are they allowed to? No. Does it happen? All the damn time. Spot is probably one of the scummiest places I've worked. If you think your job is secure, think again. I don't care who you are or how well you do your job.
Everyone keeps saying how people are getting fired left and right in their stores, and yet the slackasses with terrible attendance in my store just keep on keeping on. Why do I always get the toothless leadership?

I was always told they cant coach you off it but they can watch you. So for instance if your loafing and they catch you they can decide to come find you and catch you in act of loafing. I have had an AP manager come up and ask me who i was texting at 5am before lol. So obviously i know he was watching me but i dont care as nothing ever came of it.

What Spot leaders are supposed to do and what they actually can be two completely different things. Sometimes I think integrity is to some Spot leaders as crying is to baseball. There is none.

I was always told they cant coach you off it but they can watch you. So for instance if your loafing and they catch you they can decide to come find you and catch you in act of loafing. I have had an AP manager come up and ask me who i was texting at 5am before lol. So obviously i know he was watching me but i dont care as nothing ever came of it.
That's pretty much it. Safety can be coached off the camera. Theft is left up to AP.

Back