Archived Are they cutting hours now to make FT TM's all PT TM's now due to this Affordable Health Care Act?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been getting scheduled for around 33 hours each week in the backroom since about the 2nd week of January. I definitely believe that Target is gutting the schedule because of Barrycare. I think it's funny how I'm the closer and I get about 2 to 5 hours less than the opener. The opener does not work nights or weekends. I am more valuable because of my availibity and ability to do more tasks. Give me hours, umbrella corporation.

All you can do is "play nice" and hope that your tl, etl, stl, and hr all like you, and maybe you'll get enough hours to qualify for coverage, if not, you'll almost definitely be eligible for Medicaid, or for heavily subsidized Affordable Care Act plans, which are all better than Target insurance anyway

I 'played nice' & didn't get jack so the "Flo Ho" is trolling for hours once again.....

I just wish that if Target is going to be treacherous with this crap, be honest about it. I'd have a lot more respect for them if they did that. I definitely think at my store it's a combination of ETLs wanting their bonuses, Obamacare, and its the worst time of the shopping year. I have never seen cuts like I'm seeing right now. It's pathetic.

@Rarejem
For those of you posing the 30 hour question, I also mentioned that on here a couple of days ago. After talking to a few reliable sources (people NOT associated with Target), that aspect of the law is not being enforced until 2015. It is technically the law currently, in 2014 to offer insurance to those 30 hours or more, but they will not be penalized for not complying THIS year. However, those of you who are at a 30-31 hour average and really want to keep your Target insurance, I would encourage you to pursue legal counsel on that.

It's because of cut hours. February was the beginning of the new fiscal year, with new sales goals and new payroll amounts handed out. I luckily am getting more hours because I lost my insurance thru this bs. We've had so many people quit since becoming ulv that I get tons of hours.

For those that are on the border with 31.5 of 32 hours. Clock in five minutes early and clock out five minutes late. 5 shifts a week at an extra 10 minutes a shift = an extra 50 minutes!

That gets you written up and fired at my store. But then they can't open the door at a reasonable time either.

Crazy. We don't get written up for that at my store.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back