Archived Are we ready for an emergency situation?

Status
Not open for further replies.
LOL At my store there 100 percent not ready! I mean they know the steps of what to do but if it actually happened I will guarantee 100 percent team members and etls would not know what to do lmfao! They flipped out when they were testing out the fire alarms lol and I still have team members who still do not know there codes! Like even code yellow happens they don’t even do it correctly!

With the modernization the aisles in the backroom have become so narrow. Both sides of the line during unload is obstacle course in the best of times. When you stand at one end of the backroom and look all the down the other end there is and exit door but the packing station is just off to the side of it.

A few years ago, someone called in a bomb threat in the parking garage that is under our Market in the store. Our leadership called us all to the backroom on the other side and told us to stay on that end, all while guests shopped everywhere. I could not imagine the PR and carnage that would had happened if a bomb really did detonate.

A few years ago, someone called in a bomb threat in the parking garage that is under our Market in the store. Our leadership called us all to the backroom on the other side and told us to stay on that end, all while guests shopped everywhere. I could not imagine the PR and carnage that would had happened if a bomb really did detonate.

Our store also had a bomb threat about 2 years ago. The whole building was evacuated and all the employees were at the bottom of the parking lot. Had the State police, FBI. ATF and Capital police. There were about 10 police dogs in the store. After almost 3 hours we were let back in.

Man all the reshop and the Qmos was horrific.

In my time at Target, I was stabbed once by a booster and personally witnessed a mace attack on a APS at another store. We also had another store who’s pharmacy was robbed, and I think... another store had their Guest Service desk robbed as well, but *it* might have been another district.

I remember thinking to myself - during training, they told us that a store robbery is so extremely rare, it’s unlikely we would witness one in our time. And I’m fairly sure there was at least two in our district. And all of this, in what was a somewhat quiet, sleepy part of the country.

To say the stores were unprepared was a understatement. My biggest disappointment was, there was no additional training / or even a group huddle after what happened.

You're right, they should have done something for the guests. Playing with the circuit breaker and then herding guests away from the "electrical issue" or similar non-threatening emergency excuse would have been far better.

The company has updated the active shooter training. It is set to be released to all SDs, ETLs, TLs and closers. This is getting expanded to all hourly team members prior to 4Q. We are also going to be having mandatory refresher training on it twice a year starting in 2020. This will show up in your Sept Addendum. This will also now be part of new hire onboarding.
Just for clarification, the Run-Hide-Fight method doesn't mean you need to be "military trained" on combat. First you run, get out of the building if you can. Take people with you. If you can't run you hide. Hide anywhere and wherever you can. When all else fails and you can't do either of those you grab whatever is available to you and you fight like hell if you have to. That is a last resource and not a preferred thing to do.

The company has updated the active shooter training. It is set to be released to all SDs, ETLs, TLs and closers. This is getting expanded to all hourly team members prior to 4Q. We are also going to be having mandatory refresher training on it twice a year starting in 2020. This will show up in your Sept Addendum. This will also now be part of new hire onboarding.
Just for clarification, the Run-Hide-Fight method doesn't mean you need to be "military trained" on combat. First you run, get out of the building if you can. Take people with you. If you can't run you hide. Hide anywhere and wherever you can. When all else fails and you can't do either of those you grab whatever is available to you and you fight like hell if you have to. That is a last resource and not a preferred thing to do.
Yes this is what my HR told me but I didn’t remember the exact details so I didn’t want to speak to it so thank you!

During my first week at Target 15 years ago i made it a point to know EVERY single exit out of that place for that exact reason of active shooter(s£.

I've asked several times and no one in management has given me a positive answer about any kind of active shooter awareness or anything. Not even a lousy printout.

I've asked several times and no one in management has given me a positive answer about any kind of active shooter awareness or anything. Not even a lousy printout.
Instead of waiting for management to teach you life lessons, be proactive and alert regarding your safety. If you can browse and interact in this forum, you can find valuable info online including videos on what to do during an active shooter situation.

Instead of waiting for management to teach you life lessons, be proactive and alert regarding your safety. If you can browse and interact in this forum, you can find valuable info online including videos on what to do during an active shooter situation.

Oh, I have done that, I just wish they'd actually be doing something about it in-store

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back