Archived As an ETL, would you put me as GSA?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My store is made up of 95% new TM's, (new store), I've been with the company about 6-7 months now. I'm frontend, so I'm Guest Service trained as well as cashier. I'm good at both jobs. I'm not overly excited or friendly, but I'm friendly at have never had a bad comment card. I'm punctual, I do, a multi-tasker, fellow Tm's, GSA's, GSTL's and TL's, like me.

I can work every department in the store except operator and Starbucks.

I am pretty good at getting red cards, I motivate the team pretty well and do the best I can to make them feel accepted and important.

I'm the only transfer on frontend (not counting the GSTL's and one GSA), I really want the position and am willing to do what It takes.

So knowing all that random information, would you consider me? Offer it? :)

I honestly would believe so. But it's probably due to the fact that I'm a transfer so they all look to me for help when a GSA or GSTL is absent or MIA.

I also offer my help when I see someone struggling, such as a TM who doesn't know if they can process a certain return, or how to spider wrap a special item.

I'm typically the one that takes the defectives to the back room when they begin to overflow. I'm also the one to find the GSA on duty and let him know where I left the defectives (we have no proper location), which ones I've defected, if one needs a DPCI and if we have a call back to take on a guest questiOn (I typically write those on receipt paper and tape them to the monitor.)

I also help the GSA's when they don't know proper procedure (such as processing an alcohol return), because I'm not 21 for another few months and therefore can't do that.

I answer change alerts from time to time, am generally the only one that will answer the gs phone when a GSA or GSTL is absent. I log the paid and left items and double check our lost and found logs to make sure they're accurate.

I'm sorta like the 'all knowing' one, haha. The TM's of frontend all know that I know what I'm doing so they generally ask me for help. I handle rude guests well, but If it becomes too much, to the point where I'm worried that I could get in trouble without a GSTL to witness, I call over a GSTL.

Most of that is in your GSTM core roles.

Well that's really all I've been allotted to do. Most of the time we have two GSTL's and a GSA available, so there isn't too much I can do except back up TM's, try to make people laugh and give out tips on getting a redcard. That and calling out recognition on the walkies when a TM does get a redcard.

try and find things to make yourself stand out. is your store following Best Practice up at GS and the lanes? Review all of them and see if there's some suggestions you can bring to your TL to make yourself stand out. Otherwise, the other things you said you do sound great and you need to keep doing it!

try and find things to make yourself stand out. is your store following Best Practice up at GS and the lanes? Review all of them and see if there's some suggestions you can bring to your TL to make yourself stand out. Otherwise, the other things you said you do sound great and you need to keep doing it!

I will, I really want this position, but I'm starting to think they're going to pass me up for an outwardly excited and friendly TM. I feel awkward striking up conversation with random people (unless I'm cashier or guest services.) Because when they're just standing there, and I randomly start talking to them, usually they don't pay to much attention to me because I'm only 20 and therefore apparently not worth their respect or attention. =\
My GSTL's really want me to get this job, so they're trying to give me advice, one of them was to be more of an extrovert, so I'm putting my game face on everyday. Haha =p

ugh, i'm so not outgoing at all but that was one thing that i had to overcome. it's way better now and if i wouldn't have changed at work i would have never got any promotions. The way i started to overcome it was to say hi to all the cashiers every day. I would walk up to them and ask them how they were doing. I put myself out there as someone they could trust and that would help them even though i was still just a TM like them. A lot of the cashiers thought i was a GSA and a TL long before i was just because i acted like one. I train everyone up at Guest Services and I had an ETL trainee think i was a TL just because i acted like one. (not with coachings or anything but just with my attitude and being proactive in work).

ugh, i'm so not outgoing at all but that was one thing that i had to overcome. it's way better now and if i wouldn't have changed at work i would have never got any promotions. The way i started to overcome it was to say hi to all the cashiers every day. I would walk up to them and ask them how they were doing. I put myself out there as someone they could trust and that would help them even though i was still just a TM like them. A lot of the cashiers thought i was a GSA and a TL long before i was just because i acted like one. I train everyone up at Guest Services and I had an ETL trainee think i was a TL just because i acted like one. (not with coachings or anything but just with my attitude and being proactive in work).

I'll have to try that, I think I'm going to avoid floating in other departments and focus on the one I'm in. I really hate being a cashier more than anything, but if it helps me with my people skills than bring it on. lol

At 20 you couldn't be a GSA at my store because you couldn't approve alcohol sales.

Willingness to learn, great ge, & being proactive are the keys getting promoted at spot. Our guides & threas have alot info to help, seach for them, in upper right hand correct. As sun & others said, partner with gstl & be I get it done with a smile person.

Most places require you to be 18 to SELL alcohol or serve it in a bar setting, but 21 to buy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back