Archived Asking for a friend! No, really!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So...somewhat of an involved situation here, but surely SOMEONE has some advice...any ETLHR people here?

Here’s the situation:

I have a friend/coworker, who just recently put in her two weeks notice, as she is moving out of the area to attend college. Her last day was August 12th.

And herein lies the problem. We’re in California. The law states that here, if 72+ hours notice of resignation is given, everything owed MUST be paid out on the employee’s last day.

Problem #1: She received an “emergency payout” of $141, in which the ETLHR could not specify the dates it was for. She has no idea what this money is for. The previous pay period? Her final week? Who knows. She did not receive a final paystub.

Problem #2. Target direct deposited $157.65 into her account, as she is signed up for direct deposit, but then immediately reversed the $157.65 same day. In California, this is illegal, as she never signed an authorization waiver to release the funds back.

We think...MAYBE...the emergency payout of $141 was for the previous pay period, at which point she has still not been paid for her final week of work, and vacation payout. Not only did they not pay her, but also illegally reversed a payout.

Any advice? Or has this happened to anyone? I know she can always file a claim with the department of labor, but this is the weirdest situation, honestly. No final pay stub, taking money away from her, not sure what to tell her here?

Any HR advice is much appreciated!

Seriously, calling the HR ETL or whatever they call them these days is really going to be the only option.
They will have the ability to look at the account and answer the questions.

Right. The ETLHR has no clue as to what’s going on. She also called corporate HR, and THEY have no idea what’s going on. Soooo....😂😂😂

I mean, I guess I’m just basically asking if this is a common thing? Final pay being...funky? Like is this the normal for Target?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back